We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

outlet shopping prices

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
196 posts
Save Topic
outlet shopping prices

We haven't visited the US in 11 years but are lucky enough to be visiting Kissimmee in April. I'm interested to know if there is any way of finding out rough costs of stuff my teenagers would want to buy so they know how much they have to save up. They are after reebok sneakers, converse and dr martens, gap and levis for jeans. For me I'd love a guess bag and purse. Anyone bought any of these type of things recently could give me an idea on approx prices or how to find them.

cheers

Lynn

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,345 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: outlet shopping prices

The gap jeans have been 50% off the last few times I've been in the store at the Lake Buena Vista Factory Stores which makes them about $22 I think. Not sure about the outlets. Malls would higher. Converse outlets have specials a lot Buy One Get One Half Off.

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
16,505 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: outlet shopping prices

It's all relative to what you pay in Oz. It's like asking how long is a piece of string?

yorkshire
Level Contributor
3,908 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: outlet shopping prices

Oh just realised your Australian so not sure of the conversion and how prices compare. Can only compare UK to US -

so for us the saving were huge...

Hope you get some bargains too.

Edited: 7:36 pm, January 04, 2014
yorkshire
Level Contributor
3,908 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: outlet shopping prices

Hi we've been home three weeks now so here are the most up to date prices on some of the things we bought.

2 guess bags and a matching purse for £80

3 Men's Levi 505 jeans (501s same price) total £77 - make sure you try them on and are confident of the fit, as you can't exactly take them back. Although any branch of Levi's in the uk will take them up free of charge.

2 fossil cross the body bags for £80

Rebok trainers - buy 2 and the second one was $19.99 so 1 x men's and 1 x ladies came to around £60

For $100 (around £70) at timberland, we bought a pair of men's shoes, hoody, and 4 tees. If you spend $100 or more, they gave us a coupon for 20% off. So rude not to take them up on their offer!

They were all bought for the outlet at the end of I drive.

If you use clarins products, then I paid £30 for day cream which in the uk costs around £50. This was from the Vineland outlets.

Both outlets are equally as good in my book. One huge tip though, parking is free but absolutely dire as a lot of the spaces are taken up with valet parking for a $10 or more - so do your outlet shopping in the mornings. If not you will be literally curb crawling for a space.

Tip no 2 - remember where you park! We lost our car at least once...

You could also check out macys in either the mall of Millennia or Florida mall - there's bargains there too. Pop to Guest services for a 10% off card for international visitors. You need proof of ID though. I bought a Nine West watch for £30 and leather boots for £80.

Happy shopping!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
196 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: outlet shopping prices

Thanks for all that info it's really helpful. I know when we were converting from pounds it was great I'm just really trying to work out if it's going to be as fab an experience when I'm converting from aussie dollars.

I'm well aware it's like asking how long a piece of string is, but others seemed to be able to come up with just the helpful info I was after :)

Anglesey, North...
Level Contributor
3 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: outlet shopping prices

Its still much, much cheaper than the UK Lynn. I know the exchange rate from British pounds to Aus dollars is great so taking that into account you may not get as much bang for your buck as we do.

However- my brother agrees that Florida shopping is much cheaper than here. He also visited Adelaide last year and he said that was expensive. So reading between the lines it should all be good.

The outlet malls at both ends of I drive are great, but as stated above parking is a nightmare if you don't get there early. Mall at Millennia is fantastic- but expensive.

Lake Buena Vista Factory outlets are smaller than the ones on I Drive, but I think better priced.

But for me its the Florida Mall. Massive place with literally something for everyone.

(Remember to stop in Five Guys Burgers and Fries in the food court. Yum!)

perth, australia
Level Contributor
57 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: outlet shopping prices

we just got back...depends what you buy if its cheaper or not

Vans - around $30 or less for my DS9, got them from Vineland outlets shop

Hurley tshirts - $20 for 2 at the outlets, board shorts were around $50

Clarins - the outlet shop had the best bargains, i got a kit with toner, beauty flash balm, hand cream, lip cream and something else for $25!!!

Gap hoodies - around $30 (less with coupon booklet from the mall)

Skechers - work out around $30-$40 if you buy at the outlets (usually get 50% off the 2nd pair)

Bath and Body works - gorgeous stuff...i bought heaps in there, everytime i bought something i got a coupon so encouraged me to go back for more! much nicer stuff than here in Australia

Shopping at the outlets was def cheaper than Australia, but shopping at the Malls not that much cheaper now given the slightly lower exchange rate than when we went in 2012

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
196 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: outlet shopping prices

Thanks everyone. Baf65 thats great info, it's fab to get the perspective of someone who knows what Perth prices are :) I'm very envious of your clarins bargain!! That was amazing. I've looked online at the likes of Gap and Osh Kosh and even their online prices are great value for the quality.

I think we will live on bread and water for the next 10 weeks to save for shopping :)

I always liked the Lake BV shops I'm glad to hear they are still quieter than the others.

thanks again for the advice, keep it coming :)

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
409 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: outlet shopping prices

I think despite the fall in the Aussie dollar, you will still find some great bargains when in the USA. IMO Americans sometimes do not understand how cheap their clothes and shoes are compared to the prices paid elsewhere. Shoes are a bargain. The kids should not need to pay more than $15 for converse if they hit the outlets. For some reason the price of boardshorts seems to be on parity. On our last 2 trips I have yet to find cheap boardies!

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: outlet shopping prices

Tommy Hilfiger - nice heavy zip up cardigan was $28, short sleeve polos were 2 for $50.

American Eagle - v-neck sweater/jumper $19, long sleeved t-shirt w/ AE logo on the front $16, button up long sleeved shirts $24

Charlotte Russe - 2 pairs of tall, stylish boots for $50, they've been worn about 20 times each so far and they're looking great.

Happy Shopping!