We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Inn Club Vacations - Orange Lake - Question

Which Kissimmee hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
Level Contributor
159 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday Inn Club Vacations - Orange Lake - Question

I've seen mixed reviews on this hotel. If someone has stayed there, can you tell me which section I should avoid, which villa to request, etc. I'm traveling with 2 kids under the age of 6. Do they provide a playpen free of charge?

Also, we're going to be doing Disney for a few days while we're there. What is the deal with parking at the Polynesian resort? Is there a shuttle to and from Disney on a set schedule if I eat at their restaurant?

Which beach(es) would you recommend for the kids and us? My husband and I have been to Daytona before and would prefer not to take them there just because of the vehicles that drive on the beach.

Thanks in advance for your help!

vancouver
Level Contributor
2,177 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Inn Club Vacations - Orange Lake - Question

Re Orange Lake, google Orange Lake resort map. Avoid west village. You likely don't want to have to drive to a pool. And then maybe not find parking when you get there.

Indy
Level Contributor
16 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Inn Club Vacations - Orange Lake - Question

Why avoid West Village?

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
16,755 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday Inn Club Vacations - Orange Lake - Question

It's a very very large complex with east and west bisected by a highway. So I think it depends what you'd like to be close to.

I can't say for certain, but I've never been to a hotel or vacation club property which didn't offer Pack ‘n Plays for free - typically with the "subject to availability" disclaimer though we've never been denied one. They do have them. You could call to double check there is no charge.

While you are welcome to visit any Disney hotel for a meal or look around and park for free while you do so, you cannot park at a Disney Resort for theme park access. Visitor parking at Resorts is meant to be limited to 3 hours so doing so would be a risk of towing. You'll want to pay the fee and park at the Magic Kingdom parking lot/Transportation and Ticket Center (TTC) if you'll be continuing on to the park after your meal. The Resort Monorail will get you from the TTC to the Polynesian (same building and level as the restaurants) and from the Polynesian to the park. When you are done you can go directly from the Magic Kingdom to the TTC on the Express Monorail or take the Ferry back to the TTC to your car. Magic Kingdom is a process. You are welcome to use any of the Disney transportation without charge. It all runs continuously and not on a schedule. But if you have a car and are coming from the outside you should drive directly to each park.

Since you are in west Kissimmee not much difference in the time to either coast. The west coast/Gulf is renowned for nice sand, calm water, sea shells, and sunsets. If you search the topic in the busier Orlando forum you'll see it is generally preferred and get plenty ideas for which beach. However, to us, the east coast/Atlantic is the much easier day trip and from most points in the attraction area Port Canaveral/Cocoa Beach is the easiest and quickest beach to travel to. For those who have never been to the ocean it would be my choice because the Atlantic is where you find the waves. Cocoa has the famous Ron Jon surf shop and a pier. There are various beach access points. With small kids, I think Jetty Park is nice. There is a playground, snack bar, restrooms, a fishing pier, and on many days you can see the cruise ships depart in the afternoon. Depending on when you are visiting, I might forego the beach in favor of the resort pool or a water park.

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
98 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday Inn Club Vacations - Orange Lake - Question

As a former owner at Orange Lake, the place has (in my opinion) turned into a massive hard sales and rip off resort. We bought a place here in 1998 and sold it a year ago after our last visit which was the final straw.

Orange lake has become too big and they now do not let you pay for anything with cash. handy you would think, but they add a 20% service charge on to most bills for the privilege of doing this. from the moment you check in, they insist you go to a sales pitch and call you up to 5 times a day to get you to go to an "owners" meting which is nothing but a sales pitch and quite hard sell.

Personally, I would never go back here and feel there are many resorts more suitable for relaxing and having fun.

Again, this is just my view but it is how I feel.

BOSTON, MA
Level Contributor
56 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday Inn Club Vacations - Orange Lake - Question

I have stayed there in the past and am returning to West Village in February with my 2 kids (6 & 1yr) - I personally liked the resort. We never answered our phone or did the sales pitch thing - from what I hear, that is a cause of many peoples issue. Yes, it is big - but we rent a car. Truthfully, we were never "home" - we took rides in the car to sightsee, did Disney, Seaworld, Universal. I can't remember about the pack & play, but I do remember them being very accomodating.

Llanelli, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holiday Inn Club Vacations - Orange Lake - Question

I've stayed at the east and and the west villages and they are both as good to each other. There are pools everywhere so plenty of space

If you are in the west you may have to drive to pool as it is the largest areas. There are shuttle buses in the resort free of charge that you can use though so we had no issues

There are plenty to do for the kids but there is nothing in the room with regards to cots etc

I would always stay here if available but it is a massive place but lovely

7. Re: Holiday Inn Club Vacations - Orange Lake - Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:37 am, January 24, 2015