We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

windsor palms

scotland
Level Contributor
818 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
windsor palms

Hi all, hope I'm posting on the right forum, whats your thoughts on windsor palms villas (private rental)?, is it a nice resort and would I be just unlucky if the villa I picked wasnt nice.

Never done diy to florida before and a bit nervous incase I pick the wrong resort and vill

Thanks for any help

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
13 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: windsor palms

Windsor Palms is a nice community, not too large, but still has plenty of central amenities. It is close to WDW and has easy access to the other parks. Plenty of restaurants on the main area nearby. There is a shuttle service to the parks (for a fee) but really a rental car is a must. There are condos, townhomes (some with splash pools) and single family homes (with private pools)

Most homes are well kept - all are individually owned and are rented with via the owners directly or via a management company. As with all homes, check out the rental - are they licensed (with the DPBR and for Sales Tax). You can check online if they are up to date with their property taxes.

Hope that helps,

Mentioned in this post
Windsor Palms Resort
Windsor Palms Resort
351 Reviews
Kissimmee, FL
scotland
Level Contributor
818 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: windsor palms

Thanks for your reply, all sound good

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
157 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: windsor palms

I stayed there three times and never had any problems. A friend of mine on the other hand was not so lucky. He got a badly kept home. He was surprised to find several cockroaches throughout his stay.

Anyway, Windsor Palms is nice but since it is an old community you might find some 10 year old homes that were not updated yet. Ask the owner when was the last time they replaced carpets and mattresses.

There are other newer options out there. If you want, try www.paradisepalmsresort.com.br Paradise Palms has brand new homes less than a year old and the amenities are really nice. I am staying there in December.

Mentioned in this post
Windsor Palms Resort
Windsor Palms Resort
351 Reviews
Kissimmee, FL
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
9,219 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: windsor palms

Another good place, but condos only, is Sun Lake just south of hwy 192. But don't believe any description that says "just 2 miles from Disney".

London, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: windsor palms

We were going to stay in Windsor Palms this coming september as it does look a nice area, however if you do decide to rent a propertythere, just make sure it is not with the owner of Mickeys Manor, Rashida

Butt, she conned us out of £300 by raising the price of the rental once we had paid the deposit and now refuses to return the deposit as we cannot afford the increased price.

Mentioned in this post
Windsor Palms Resort
Windsor Palms Resort
351 Reviews
Kissimmee, FL
uk
Level Contributor
1,861 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: windsor palms

Gilly did you not get terms and conditions along with an agreed rental price when you booked?

London, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: windsor palms

We had an agreed price within our email correspondence but the contract she sent us had the price blank, as I had no reason to doubt her I assumed that was for me to fill in. Once the deposit was paid she then increased the price

London, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: windsor palms

We had an agreed price within our email correspondence but the contract she sent us had the price blank, as I had no reason to doubt her I assumed that was for me to fill in. Once the deposit was paid she then increased the price

uk
Level Contributor
1,861 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: windsor palms

Make a report to the Better Business Bureau in kissimmee save all e mails you have with the agreed price on and also any correspondence after from her .Tell her you are making a complaint .

London, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: windsor palms

Thank you very much for the info, we will do this, we have all the emails and all correspondence. We are also putting the info on as many forums as we can.