We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gaylord Palms- extending our stay- what's nearby?

Which Kissimmee hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Janesville...
Level Contributor
705 posts
113 reviews
Save Topic
Gaylord Palms- extending our stay- what's nearby?

My husband has a conference at this resort and we are looking at adding 3 days to this trip but the Gaylord Palms is sold out so we need a hotel/resort that would be nearby. I would like something comparable to the Gaylord Palms as it looks like a nice place and I don't want to leave there and be disappointed with the last 3 days we are there. Radisson or Marriott properties come to mind if there is one nearby.

Also, we are in our mid 30's and would like to do something fun one of the days we are there. We are scuba divers and have heard that Disney has a diving adventure at Epcot, I'm looking into that one. Any other ideas besides Disney/Universal for a day trip?

Thanks in advance for your input! :)

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,036 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Gaylord Palms- extending our stay- what's nearby?

Try nearby Marriott World Center.

I think you can dive the spring opening at Blue Springs. Closed in the winter months when the manatees come in though. So, a possibility for you either way. It's neat to see the wild manatees and can make a fun day trip combined with a picnic or something else.

You may enjoy Discovery Cove. It's a wonderful day including snorkeling opportunity.

Janesville...
Level Contributor
705 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gaylord Palms- extending our stay- what's nearby?

Thank you for the response. I should've mentioned we will be there the last week in Jan so I know diving is hit or miss. Disney's DiveQuest didn't have any "closed" months so that may be the only diving we get in.

Janesville...
Level Contributor
705 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gaylord Palms- extending our stay- what's nearby?

The Marriott World Center doesn't have any rooms available for our dates either. Any other suggestions? Radisson or Marriott would be our first choice, but we are open to others close by we just use their rewards programs the most to accumulate our points.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,036 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Gaylord Palms- extending our stay- what's nearby?

It would be a stark contrast coming from Gaylord which is so big, but the Bohemian Hotel in Celebration is really nice and also nearby. It's a very small boutique hotel from Kessler and is in Marriott's Autograph Collection. You can walk to the few shops and restaurants in Celebration. Other nice Marriotts include the JW and Ritz as well as the Renaissance SeaWorld. They will give you a comparable niceness. Would also check into the vacation club properties. Grande Vista or Cypress Harbour would be my preference with those. Some of these move away from the area where the Gaylord is, but, they are all in the larger attractions area. If you have a car it really doesn't matter so much.

Edited: 6:09 pm, November 13, 2012
Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
8,233 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gaylord Palms- extending our stay- what's nearby?

Close to Gaylord, there's the Caribe Royale and (on the same property) Buena Vista Suites. The rooms in the two hotels are quite similar, the Suites are a bit cheaper.

Janesville...
Level Contributor
705 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gaylord Palms- extending our stay- what's nearby?

Thank you. I did a little looking and found a couple places that might work for us. Not sure if we will rent a car, but for a couple extra days taxi fare shouldn't kill us....I hope. :)

7. Re: Gaylord Palms- extending our stay- what's nearby?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, November 26, 2013