We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomas Cook Villa

Which Kissimmee hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Thomas Cook Villa

I have just returned from a lovely hooliday in Florida using Thomas cook flights, car hire (Alamo) and villa. The allocation of the cvilla when you get there is OK but the directions given to the villa were poor and after a long flight this meant additional travel time. i think the 4* is really 3* - the villa we had was a little tired , and had a number of aplliances "out of order". I wrote to TC after the holiday and their response was very very poor i felt they did not care.

Anyway has anyone dealt direct with a villa owner? to book online? Im nervous about that for next year so any recommendations?

Tom Edinburgh

kirkham
Level Contributor
122 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomas Cook Villa

Hi, the same happened to us with TC. Some friends of ours got evicted by the sherif! Had 1/2 to pack up and get out they were scared! They didn't get any apology or compensation from TC! That is the first and last time we did it. I have used owners direct for villas and other popular sites. If you book enough in advance you build up communication via email/phone calls. Owners are very reasonably priced and will offer discounts as well as extras. Cumbrian Lakes is a good community as local to everything and a number of the villas are owned by Americans who use at weekend. Hope this is of use:)

Edinburgh, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomas Cook Villa

many many thanks or this it gives me confidence to go to villa sites rather than get messed around by TC again

thanks

uk
Level Contributor
1,861 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomas Cook Villa

Dealing with an owner can be a big step the first time but once you have decided you want to be in direct contact with the one person who will know the house and its area inside out you will not book any other way.

I understand the process may be daunting but any owner worth their salt will help you all along the way .

The majority of problems with villa come from dealing with third parties- as you have discovered- not individuals who are more likely to look upon their home as a second family base rather than just somewhere for others to stay.

There are precautions you can take that will ease your mind a bit once you have found a home you like and I can help you with those if you wish just ask.

Remember renting a home is a 2 way trust process and for the majority of time all works out well.

4. Re: Thomas Cook Villa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 am, August 21, 2013