We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cumbrian Lakes Neighborhood?

Lincoln, Nebraska
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cumbrian Lakes Neighborhood?

I am taking the wife and kids down to Disney World and plan on staying at a vacation house. The house I am thinking about renting belongs to a friends boss and he just bought it and started renting it out, and it seems well priced at $840 a week. The website is www.cumbrianlakes-villa.com

The questions I have are, is this a good price for a 6 bedroom home, and what is the neighborhood like safe etc?

Any help would be great since this is my first time renting a vacation home.

Michael

Edited: 1:56 pm, November 22, 2011
UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
49,233 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cumbrian Lakes Neighborhood?

The area is convenient for both Disney and Universal. It is gated, so as safe as any such development. There is a publx, target, and walmart not too far.

Haven't rented a 6 bed before, so don't know if that is a good price or not. Can you negotiate Mates rates?

jamesville ny
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers
Level Contributor
5,673 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cumbrian Lakes Neighborhood?

It's a very good price.

jamesville ny
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers
Level Contributor
5,673 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cumbrian Lakes Neighborhood?

It looks like a very nice villa and as I said the rate is very good.

Lincoln, Nebraska
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Cumbrian Lakes Neighborhood?

What's a mates rate?

My friend stayed there a couple weeks ago and said it was amazing. I guess his boss bought it as a foreclourse and redid the whole house. It is a new rental and he just wants to get it rented.

Thanks,

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
49,233 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cumbrian Lakes Neighborhood?

Mates rates are if you know the owner you can get a lwoer rate than 'normal' for those dates.

But this only works if it is not booked then, and you can't get it free or for a silly price as the tax authorities require you to charge some sort of acceptible rental rate. Which means not free, but you could maybe get the low oe shoulder season rate in high season and the 'cost' rate in low season.

If a residence is given away as "free", it woudl reduce the amt of costs against income as that week would be considered to have been used by the owner and the allowable deductions reduced accordingly. So would actually not be free, but would cost the owner not only the actual costs, but more than that.

Lincoln, Nebraska
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Cumbrian Lakes Neighborhood?

I checked with the owner and he is offering the same rate to me as everyone else, which is $840 a week for the house. I guess there is no mate rate, but still seems like a great deal. I asked why so low, and he stated that it is a new house for rent and he wanted to build customers. I think I am going to take advantage of it, and I hope other people do too.

Thanks for your input and comments.

uk
Level Contributor
1,861 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cumbrian Lakes Neighborhood?

At those prices he is almost giving it away -he will lose 13% in taxes alone and then has all the utilities to pay -grab it whilst it's there.

Lincoln, Nebraska
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Cumbrian Lakes Neighborhood?

He said there was a 13% tax and $25 a day for pool heat, but said I wouldnt need it in July that was in addition to the $840 rate. Is this still a good deal?

He also told me that if I want he would set us up and have a 12 passenger van take me to Hertz in Kissimmee if I did not want to deal with the hassle of renting from the airport. Then drop me back off at the airport when we are done with the vacation. What is better? I never even thought about how busy the airport could be..

Mentioned in this post
Kissimmee
Kissimmee
Central Florida, FL
Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,543 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Cumbrian Lakes Neighborhood?

You would pay the tax in addition even at a hotel. Do the math. That's only $120 per night. Many Management Companies would be charging twice that or more per night just in low season for a 6 bed home.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
9,014 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cumbrian Lakes Neighborhood?

Why not just stay at a home in Cumbrian Lakes with 3 bedrooms and pay less? I could provide a link as well but would not wish to be accused of solicition/advertising.