We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Emerald Island

Which Kissimmee hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Columbus, Ohio
4 posts
Save Topic
Emerald Island

Just wondered if anyone has stayed here recently? We have friends that just got back and they have told us to stay clear of this resort.

We are looking for the month of September for a family reunion. Our friends said the house they rented was very nice, but that the property itself has gone into deep decline since their trip last year. Don't know if its an influx of foreclosures or what. I don't want to bring 20 family members into a place that doesn't look cared for. Any suggestions for this area?

Thanks in advance. PS- We will have 5 kids- ages 5-21

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
1,613 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Emerald Island

http://www.stayatemeraldisland.com/ This has lots of info about it. You can find the floor plans for the type of home you're renting under the "Renting a home" tab.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Emerald Island

We visited Emerald Island in July 2011 and a friend of mine has just returned from there in July 2012.

We didnt think the area was in any way shape or form neglected and neither did my friend as she raved about the resort on her return....

In my opinion I felt the resort was remarkably well tended. I daresay though that some holidaymakers may not understand the necessity to ensure bins are kept closed and no loose rubbish left lying as animals can get access easily. Raccoons can be a bit of a problem.

a

uk
Level Contributor
1,861 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Emerald Island

Make sure you lock all doors etc as there have been a few burglaries on EI in the past few months 2 of which were vacation homes .

Elmira
Level Contributor
3 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Emerald Island

As long as you get a nice clean home this place is amazing. The community itself is beautiful

London, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: Emerald Island

was you made aware that the community pool is closed in September at this resort for maintenance

16. Re: Emerald Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 29, 2015