We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Days Inn, Old Town...what can you tell me?

Gallatin, TN
Level Contributor
1,744 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Days Inn, Old Town...what can you tell me?

Hi, Can anyone tell me anything about the Days Inn in Kissimmee? It's in "Old Town?" What's Old Town? Looking at mid-March. Was told rooms were suites. Anyone stayed here? Thanks in advance for any info you can give.

Karen

new jersey
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Days Inn, Old Town...what can you tell me?

We have visited old town many times. Its an old fashioned street type shopping and dining area with an old fashion amusement area for kids.There are a few lounges (bars) that are open all day and seem to be alot more fun at night. We have never stayed at the suites hotel but are actually looking at them ourselves...Not sure what to expect. The area is close to Disney and all other attractions.

Gallatin, TN
Level Contributor
1,744 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Days Inn, Old Town...what can you tell me?

mta...........Thanks for your reply. that makes me feel better to know a little more aboutit! Sounds like a nice area to be in.

florida
Level Contributor
1,284 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Days Inn, Old Town...what can you tell me?

Haven't stayed at the Days Inn Suites, but stayed at their "sister property" the Quality Inn Suites right next door a couple of times. Big suites, but needed updating last time we were there a few years ago (maybe it's been done?). Both are in a very good location though and have nice pool areas and such.

Gallatin, TN
Level Contributor
1,744 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Days Inn, Old Town...what can you tell me?

Thank you libertybell.......I really don't think the folks care if the hotel is a little "stressed". I offered them a couple others that were rated higher and they seemed to be more focused on the price. I hope they're happy at the property. At least they'll be in a good location if nothing else!! :)

Thanks again.

Karen

Level Contributor
94 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Days Inn, Old Town...what can you tell me?

Ok there is a lot of people who don't like Old Town. I've been there like 7 or 8 years in a row. I love it there. Especially there car show. OMG I want to go right now lol. I'm 20 years old and went one year with TONS of people of all ages. Had a great time watching 2 friends bungee jump!!! The shops are so fun too. Another family had there pictures taken like back in the old west days which was cool. Love the Nascar shop. HATED the haunted house lol cause I'm a chicken. But there is something for everyone there.

suburban Chicago
Level Contributor
2 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Days Inn, Old Town...what can you tell me?

Old town also has an area with lots of childrens rides. You can get an all day wrist band for about $12 - 15. Across the street from Old town is a very large flea market. Great way to kill and afternoon or on a rainy day.

ipswich suffolk
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Days Inn, Old Town...what can you tell me?

old town is the best have a bite to eat at courasel if its still there i havent been in 3 years old town has alot to see and great crazy golf for the kids.xx

ipswich suffolk
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Days Inn, Old Town...what can you tell me?

can antone update me on orange lake we had a villa there around five years ago and have sold it since as we decided to go on some different holidays(wish we hadnt sold now).

they were building some apartments last time what can anyone tell me is the food still good in the restaurants and are the grounds still great????????? xx

Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Days Inn, Old Town...what can you tell me?

I wanted to look into staying at the days inn at old town. I don't care if they are a little run down...just a place to sleep, shower etc. do they have a nice pool area for the kids? We are going over thanksgiving and received a good quote for 49 a night for a 2 bedroom

Omaha NE
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Days Inn, Old Town...what can you tell me?

I stayed here in July of 2004 with 12 family members for 1 night before we left on a cruise - 3 separate rooms. If this is the same Days Inn we stayed at (right next door to Old Town), please do not stay here unless they have done some major remodeling/cleaning. The carpet was sticky, our towels/washrags were gray, and we all slept in our clothes - I even put a dirty t-shirt over the pillow b/c it was cleaner than the pillowcase. The pool was not useable (to me anyway). It smelled strange and the water was yellow (I'm not kidding). We did not feel safe at night at this motel. Please also read other reviews of this motel on TripAdvisor; you'll see I wasn't the only one who felt this way. I'm sorry I hadn't read your message earlier; I hope it's not too late for you to cancel your reservations if you've already made them. We had a good time at Old Town, but there are definitely lots better places to stay than this Days Inn.