We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking out in kisseemee

Which Kissimmee hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
lancs
2 posts
Save Topic
Walking out in kisseemee

Hi all, i'm off to kisseemee in 3 weeks and would like to know if there is anywhere to just go and stroll around in the kisseemee area.

I dont mean walking around shopping big malls or parks and the like but just going out in the evening for a leisurely stroll with the family and perhaps taking in a little window shopping or maybe just walking out to find a nice resteraunt.

my fear is that unless we travell out in the hire car there will be nowhere to go or nothing to see.

Also could anybody reccomend the best fun resteraunts for my kids (14 +11) either in kisseemee or on I-drive

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
2,941 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking out in kisseemee

Where are you staying ?

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
2,941 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking out in kisseemee

You might want to consider the Town of Celebration just to the east of I-4 off Rt 192 for it's shops, and restaurants and walking around some pretty nice homes. The Columbia Restaurant there is excellant.

Also, check this web site: http://www.floridakiss.com/

Lakeland, Fl
Level Contributor
178 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking out in kisseemee

Old downtown Kissimmee is just south of US 192[Vine St.]on US 17-92. Just turn south under the Kissimmee Arches off of 192 and you will shortly be in the renovated downtown area. Good sidewalks and a greenway divider down Main St. Seems like a pleasant place when I drive through there. Look down the sidestreets. There is a small city park towards Lake Tohopokeliga[6th largest in FL] and if it is still there there is a short walk along the lake edge. Down past the 2nd curve in downtown are the county buildings with the original County Hall with giant oaks covered with Spanish Moss. In case you didn't know...Kissimmee used to be a Cow Town. A building sized mural on the old hardware store depicts this

Don't forget there is much more to Florida than just the Mouse. In Kissimmee you are less than two hours from Kennedy Space Center and their tours or even a launch!! The same 2 hours goes for the beaches on either coast. At Kissimmee Airport is a well known Aircraft Museum. West of Kissimmee is a place called Orchid World that looks like it might be nice to stroll thru. When you get to where you are staying there will likely be a stand in the lobby with 100's of brochures on local area activities and places. Check the webpage E-105 gave you and also take a look at http://www.visitflorida.com/

Sorry to go on...I just like living here after being gone for 27years! ;)

lancs
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Walking out in kisseemee

thanks guys.

I've agreed to visit florida with my wife and 2 kids but it really aint my idea of a holiday.

I was sure there must be plenty of things to see and places to go that didnt invlolve theme parks but the brochures and TV herethink that thats all people wan to see.

i'll follow your links.

thanks

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
852 posts
473 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Walking out in kisseemee

think there may be a shuttle launch from Kennedy while you are in Florida so it would be worth checking out their website.

Couple of other places worth visiting (away from the theme parks) are

Bok Sanctuary and Pinewood Estate - very beautiful and peaceful

www.boksanctuary.org

Wekiwa Springs state park - back to nature

www.usparks.about.com

appreciate that you may not be keen to travel miles in the car however distances seem much shorter than in the UK and it's worth seeing a bit of the 'real' Florida. Although you may feel it's quite some way off you aren't far from the coast, East or West, and some of the most beautiful scenery is a little outside the Orlando area.

Have a good trip!

6. Re: Walking out in kisseemee

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:29 am, June 17, 2005