We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Windosr Hills Vrs. Windsor Palms

Miami
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Windosr Hills Vrs. Windsor Palms

Where can I find information on construction being made close to Windsor Palms. I have a quote for here that has a discount for Construction being made. It is that bad? I dont want to spend and realize it is a mess. What I like is that apparently it is a new complex. How about Windsor Palms, it is a little bit more expensive, but the reviews are great. What should I do?

Beautiful Long...
Level Contributor
655 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Windosr Hills Vrs. Windsor Palms

Greetings. As far as construction....I think you meant Windsor Hills....which is the new complex. As far as I know...they are "finishing up" the Clubhouse and pool....hence...the discounts. Hard to get an answer from anyone (there are references in the Orlando forum...do a search on Windsor Hills in that forum for the references.)

I was going to book my trip at Windsor Hills....but because of the conflicting completion dates....I booked at Windsor Palms through VillaDirect.com. We will be there Thursday for 9 days. Can't wait, as the reviews of the place are great. Good luck. Enjoy!!

Beautiful Long...
Level Contributor
655 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Windosr Hills Vrs. Windsor Palms

Also....I beleive there are posts from few months ago saying there was highway construction near Windsor Palms....but the reviews and other posts said it did not have anything to do with the resort itself (inside the complex)....just to let you know. Not sure if the highway contruction is over....but no one (in recent reviews) has mentioned it...so probably not a concern.

Level Contributor
896 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Windosr Hills Vrs. Windsor Palms

The highway construction is not over .How it affects your vacation deoends on the area of WP you stay apparently the trucks start at around 6.30 in the morning.WH is still being built so the problem there is slightly different .This map shows you the road .WP is at the left hand edge near to the water reclaimation works -sewage treatment plant although it is named wyndham on this map.

…state.fl.us/turnpikepio/…202.pdf

btd
London
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Windosr Hills Vrs. Windsor Palms

The construction is well under way and the noise etc can be painful. Its going right past the door of Windsor Palms. If they are offering discounts it must tell you something.

Windsor Hills is a half finished building site so the choice is yours.

There are plenty of properties around that area what are not affected by the construction. Indian Ridge Oaks is one Rolling Hills the other.

Beautiful Long...
Level Contributor
655 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Windosr Hills Vrs. Windsor Palms

Check my review and post at the end of the month. (June 30th) I'll be at Windsor Palms this Thursday for 10 days....and I'll bop over to Windsor Hills to check out the ClubHouse/Pool situation.

6. Re: Windosr Hills Vrs. Windsor Palms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:28 am, June 17, 2005
Beautiful Long...
Level Contributor
655 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Windosr Hills Vrs. Windsor Palms

I'm back from my vacation to Windsor Palms. Nice place, by the way. (Check my upcoming review under the hotel section).

As far as construction.....there is a new highway being built right across the front entrance. "Villas" along this stretch may be effected by noise/dust....but the whole time I was there, however, there wasn't much activity as far as actual construction. (They may be concentrating on other areas of the highway at the present time.) It is negative in a visual way for others entering the resort....but we did not notice anything from our townhouse which was located inside the resort, and not along the front "line". If you are not along this front line of properties.....you won't notice anything.

OK.....Windsor Hills. Still being built. Took a little ride over there to check it out (back of resort is right across the way from Windsor Palms...but entrance is a 5 minute drive around to the next block over.) Guard let me in...and I parked at the clubhouse. Pool looks like it should be open (fountains spurting water.....pool sparkled)....but a sign on the pool gate said "Pool closed". Looked into the Sundry shop....spackle still on the walls.....completely empty. Game room had pool tables....etc.....all covered with tarps. There were no people around at all. It felt strange. There was a sales office....but it too was closed. Guess that sums it up.....the Clubhouse and pool are not completed...although some Villas, townhomes and condos are available.....with contruction of others in progress.

Thats about it. Hope it helps.

scotland
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Windosr Hills Vrs. Windsor Palms

Bluepointny thanks for your up to date post regarding the Windsor Hills saga. I am due to go there on 15th July. Villa Direct tell me the Pool and clubhouse will be ready by then. There are some up to date pictures on www.windsorhillsrent.com it certainly looks finished albeit a ghost town. I'm now rather worried

Beautiful Long...
Level Contributor
655 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Windosr Hills Vrs. Windsor Palms

Noranne....

Like I said....the pool looks ready, but not open. The sundry shop could never be completed in 2/3 weeks (July 15th). Not sure why the pool tables, etc. where covered. Perhaps to protect them from the dust from construction. If you are renting a villa or townhouse...at least you will have a pool of some sort. (If the main pool isn't ready) Perhaps they will let you use the main pool at Windsor Palms. We rented through VillaDirect and were quite happy with them. I would keep pestering them, at least to negociate some sort of compensation if what they say is available, really isn't. I know they have been saying everything will be available at W.H. "late spring"....well....late spring is here and gone. Talk is cheap.

Best of luck.

Beautiful Long...
Level Contributor
655 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Windosr Hills Vrs. Windsor Palms

To all interested.....just went to VillaDirect.com to check out there information on Windsor Hills...and they changed their "clubhouse/pool" completion dates on some of their property descriptions from "late spring" to "mid July". Definately there have been construction delays for some reason.

Noranne......I'd definately get some concrete answers/solutions from VillaDirect!