We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Could I get some Advise??

Floirda
Level Contributor
2 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Could I get some Advise??

We have a small family just 3 of us, which the child is 4. We are trying so hard to find a place to stay that is roomy enough and affordable. Someplace in the Kissimmee area would be great. We live in FL and have been to several different hotels already in Kissimmee and Orlando and have yet to find anything we can afford to go back to.

We are staying there in Aug for just 3 days, do the sea world thing, etc...and we can't really spend 100 per night.

We would be grateful for any advice or help in this area. We are looking into condos/villas, kid suites. But no luck.

Thanks Michelle

Mentioned in this post
Kissimmee
Kissimmee
Central Florida, FL
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
nowhere
Level Contributor
872 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Could I get some Advise??

I checked a website and found the Best Western Plaza on International Drive family suite (2 rooms, mini-fridg, micowave) for $63/nite. Deluxe double (1 room with the fridg and micro) is $58 with a guranteed pool view.

To take a look at this and some other options, go to

orlandotouristinformationbureau.com/hotels/b…

Villas and condos usually have a minimum number of nights, usually 5-7. Hotels are about it for 3 nights.

Mentioned in this post
International Drive
International Drive
4,362 Reviews
Orlando, FL
USA
Level Contributor
718 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Could I get some Advise??

Michelle:

Hampton Inns usually have very good rates and there's one on Parkway Blvd, right at the junction of I-4 and US 192, behind the Radisson Maingate. Don't know your exact dates, but usually Hamptons run about $69 per night.

Good luck.

Mentioned in this post
Hamptons
Hamptons
Long Island, NY
Boston, Ma
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Could I get some Advise??

The Days Inn Maingate East which is located in Kissimmee does not have a minimun stay policy. You can probably get a room for $70 in August. They also have a children's playground which would be good for your 4-year-old, as well as a picnic and grill area if you don't want to eat out. And for you and your spouse, there is a bar by the pool for a few relaxing cocktails. Check out their website for full details at www.daysinnmaingate.com. Good luck and hope you have a fun trip!

Mentioned in this post
Kissimmee
Kissimmee
Central Florida, FL
Tennessee
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Could I get some Advise??

Would you be willing to take a tour of a resort for a cheaper rate. I saw somewhere on the internet where you could stay at westgate for three nights for $129.00 I think.

5. Re: Could I get some Advise??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:36 am, June 17, 2005
malaga spain
Level Contributor
561 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Could I get some Advise??

btd 129 rate is normally for 3 nites, not per nite

Nebraska
Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Could I get some Advise??

We are staying at the Howard Johnson Inn Maingate East in Kissimmee for 3 days in june. It's only $39.90 a night. It's no 5 star hotel but clean and very good location. You don't spend much time in your room anyway!!! Check out the reviews on TRIPADVISOR. I think for the money you can't go wrong. Have a great trip!!!!

Mentioned in this post
Kissimmee
Kissimmee
Central Florida, FL
Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
2,941 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Could I get some Advise??

Where's 'Floirda' ?

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,683 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Could I get some Advise??

While I can���t offer specific help for Florida, other than from checking the internet, when we travel we have great luck with Hotwire. I checked for August 5 ��� 8 and found more than a dozen for less than $70 a night. We usually opt for a 3-star, but sometimes book a 2-star. We generally don���t care about the amenities ��� all we ever do in the hotel/motel room is sleep/shower ��� in around 11pm out by 8am ��� there���s too much to see and do to spend any more time in a room.

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
2,941 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Could I get some Advise??

Using the 'Browse' sidebar to the upper left, click on 'Kissimmee hotels' and on the page that comes up, use the 'Average price' drop-down box to select hotels in your price range. Many have reviews and other related information.

Since you are planning on Sea World near I-Drive, you can do the same in the Orlando forum for hotels in the I-Drive area.

Mentioned in this post
SeaWorld Orlando
SeaWorld Orlando
29,252 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL