We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Windsor hills someone please help

Which Kissimmee hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
long island ny
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Windsor hills someone please help

I am looking to book in October, and very soon, within the next week coming.. I am trying to decide, if my family, and I should rent, a 3 bedroom townhome with pool, or one of the 3 bedroom condos w/o pool.(But, use of the on ground pool) First let me say, I love swimming, I love being in the water ,and so do my kids. So, the thought, of having my own pool, which i can swim in after trekking through the parks all day. seems like heaven! But, when I look at the pics, that I have been able to find, of the pool in the 3 bed townhomes. They look as though they would not be able to fit more than 2 standing. I and my family are tall people, (6ft, and up) so I am thinking maybe it is not such a great idea to rent the townhome. I was wondering if, anyone has rented one of the townhomes or condos, or has any input on the pool thing.Like the size of it, Cons, and pros of it. Thanks in advance, for helping me make my finalized decision. :-)

Level Contributor
896 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Windsor hills someone please help

Some town house have splash pools I believe so they are not really intended to be used for swimming I should think -so mabe the condo would be better or if you change to another community you could get a 3 bed pool home with your pool outside the back door .Also you may want to rethink WH as it is still being built

Beautiful Long...
Level Contributor
655 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Windsor hills someone please help

We are going to Windsor Palms in June (Windsor Hills may not be finished by then) and have already inquired on this. Splash pools are about 100 S.F. in different configurations....8 x 12, 10 x 10, etc. In other words....you can cool off, splash/play around, etc. The depth is around 3 1/2 - 4 feet. Therefore, swimming "laps" would be done in the main pool at the clubhouse. Splash pools can easily fit 6 adults. Some are "Spa Pools" that include water jets. VillaDirect.Com has many pictures of what is available in all the townhouse/condo communities of Orlando/Kissimmee. We booked through them.

Of course you can get a condo for about $30-40 per night cheaper than a townhouse. If you want the townhouse pool heated...add $15/night extra, but you may not need it in October.

If price is not a consideration, then LOCATION of the condo in respect to the main pool may be. Having a pool right outside from your living room may make this a no-brainer, especially if you have to make a 10 minute walk (each way) to the main pool....and bring towels, snacks, change of clothes, etc. Heck...you'll be all sweaty again by the time you get back! Plus..your own pool is open 24/7. Also, reconsider staying on the first floor of a condo. You'll hear everything going on in the condo upstairs. Spend the extra money....get the townhouse.

Best of Luck, another Long Islander.

long island ny
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Windsor hills someone please help

Thank you both for your replies. Just to let you both know. I chose the townhome, and got a great rate for one. I really, cannot wait to go! I am literally counting the months, days, hours. lol. :-)

Illinois
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Windsor hills someone please help

We just returned from our stay at Windsor Hills (May 2005). We found the townhome to be very nice, spacious, and everything brand new! The three bathrooms were great! The washer and dryer were great. The location to Disney parks was great too! Very quick and very little traffic. The splash pool isn't great big but nice to relax in. The pool supposedly has jets - but set on a timer. You cannot control when they come on. Pool heat was $20 per day / minimun $80. The air was also controlled - no thermostat to be found. My big disappointment was that there was no clubhouse pool available in May when we were there. Owner advertised with beautiful pool pictures and when we arrived it was still under construction. So beware......be sure to ask as many questions before you go to make sure things are as they appear to be!

long island ny
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Windsor hills someone please help

jmb90, thank you for your reply. Can you tell me, did the pool, look as though it is almost finished? I was looking so forwarfd to the comminity pool, if it is not done soon I may change my ressies, also is there alot of noise via construction. Also is there really a market on site, which is finished? Thanks in advance im trying to see if picking windsor hills is the best choice.

6. Re: Windsor hills someone please help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:27 am, June 17, 2005
Florida
14 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Windsor hills someone please help

How about this one with private pool and community pool.

Try it

http://www.floridadisneysunsetvilla.com/