We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Banana Bay Resort

Tucson, AZ
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Banana Bay Resort

Has anyone stayed here recently and would recommend it? We are an "older" couple looking for a nice place to stay that offers a central location from which to explore the keys.

Midwest
Level Contributor
1,831 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Banana Bay Resort

My husband and I stayed at Banana Bay in Marathon a few years ago and loved it. We still plan on returning. It doesn't look like much from the highway, but once you drive past the office you'll find yourself in a lush, tropical resort. The rooms are nice (we had one that overlooked the marina and bay), the pool is large, and there is a fun bayside tiki bar for drinks in the evening. The restaurant is also nicer than I'd expected and the food was good. Their website doesn't do it justice. It's a very central location in the keys--half way down the chain of islands. So it's a good home base. Be sure to check out Bahia Honda park (south of the resort) for beautiful, unspoiled beaches.

Key Colony Beach...
Destination Expert
for Florida Keys
Level Contributor
7,634 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Banana Bay Resort

I've not stayed there, but I've eaten there. 3ove Florida is right, it is a nice looking spot. The pool looked nice, but I can't give you any other info.

Have you tried rental sires such as rentalo.com or vrbo.com or gulfcoastrentals.com for homes to rent. They are not that much more, and you get some privacy, and a place to cook your own meals.

Look at spots in Key Colony Beach it's only 3 - 4 miles from Banana Bay - most of those homes have a membership at the private Cabana Club with a pool, right on the ocean.

That's a vacation.

Get answers to your questions about Marathon