We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tandem Bike Rental and New Years Dinner

Which Marathon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Waterford...
Level Contributor
86 posts
104 reviews
Save Topic
Tandem Bike Rental and New Years Dinner

We will be renting a condo on Coco Plum Beach and staying in Marathon for a week right after Christmas. My husband and I would like to ride bikes around to do some exploring and get some exercise. However our 10 year old daughter is very afraid to ride a bike by herself. Is there anywhere we can rent a tandem bike?

Also, can you make any recommendations for dinner on New Years Day? We are doing a beach day New Years Eve so will just do a casual dinner somewhere after that. I was thinking either Butterful Cafe or the Hideaway. Does anybody know if either one will be open, if reservations are suggested for New Years Day and what the dress code is?

I'm trying to get everything lined up now so that next week I can start getting tickets and reservations for attractions.

Thank you for your replies and input.

new jersey
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tandem Bike Rental and New Years Dinner

You can try this guy.

http://www.bikemarathonbikerentals.com/

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
14,507 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tandem Bike Rental and New Years Dinner

Give Overseas Outfitters a call.

Casual dinner at Butterfly or Hideaway? I think your idea of casual is a little different then what I do. Both are great restaurants but neither are casual. No dress codes in the area except most places like men to wear shirts.

Both of the places you asked about are in resorts so they can't really close. plus, you are visiting during THE busiest week of the year - things will be open. Busy too. Pack your patience!! Be prepared for waits at everything from restaurants to even Publix.

Waterford...
Level Contributor
86 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tandem Bike Rental and New Years Dinner

Thanks for your response. No we were going to do the casual dinner on New Years Eve, since we are hoping to be outdoors and at the beach all day. Figure easier to just grab something after that. Then on New Years Day we were hoping for a nicer dinner. Just not sure if they would be open then.

I will try the suggestions for bike rentals. Thank you.

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
14,507 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tandem Bike Rental and New Years Dinner

They will all be open on New Years Day. No worries. But get reservations for your nice dinner asap.

Waterford...
Level Contributor
86 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tandem Bike Rental and New Years Dinner

Thanks for your response. No we were going to do the casual dinner on New Years Eve, since we are hoping to be outdoors and at the beach all day. Figure easier to just grab something after that. Then on New Years Day we were hoping for a nicer dinner. Just not sure if they would be open then.

I will try the suggestions for bike rentals. Thank you.

Great! I will. Thanks very much!

6. Re: Tandem Bike Rental and New Years Dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 09, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Marathon