We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Continental Inn?

Allentown...
Level Contributor
601 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
Continental Inn?

My husband and I are considering taking a long road trip to the Keys in September or October and I've seen several recommendations for the Continental Inn. We want to stay somewhere "central" where we can take trips to other parts of the Keys. A few of the recent reviews of the hotel are negative, mentioning new, unfriendly, management with too many rules that make the stay non-enjoyable, but none have elaborated on these rules, except for not being loud (which is obviously reasonable).

Can anyone that has stayed there recently comment on this or elaborate as to what these "rules" are? It looks like a great place for us to stay and would hate to pass it up if we decide to go.

( I had originally posted in the Florida Keys forum with no luck, and the Key Colony forum doesn't seem very active).

Thank you in advance for any info provided.

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
15,162 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Continental Inn?

Why not PM the ones that wrote the reviews you are referring to? I doubt they are still on here asking questions etc since their vacation is over.

Allentown...
Level Contributor
601 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Continental Inn?

Thanks, I was going to do that next.

I usually stay active on the boards after my vacation to answer questions. Wasn't sure if I'd find someone here that stayed recently or not.

Naperville, Illinois
Level Contributor
3,182 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Continental Inn?

I've stayed there, but the last time was 3 years ago, and we weren't bothered by any rules they had.

MO
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Continental Inn?

We've stayed at the Continental Inn too, and we loved it. Of course we are not party people, we wanted a nice quiet place to relax and sleep, and explore all the keys in between. Could not ask for a better place, clean, comfortable. I would go back every year if I could. They do have a pool, and its kept nice and clean they have a lovely place to sit out, we did at nite looking at all the stars in the sky was amazing too! Or just sit out and read a book if you like. We went on a fishing excursion, then stopped at the store for some veggies and tators and grilled our fresh caught yellow tail. That what I'm talking about. Yes it is wonderful.

5. Re: Continental Inn?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, July 17, 2013