We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on condo on Key Colony Beach, please!

Virginia
Level Contributor
411 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Advice on condo on Key Colony Beach, please!

Has anyone ever stayed at Sea Isle Condominium.? How are the views, grounds & location. This will be our first visit in 20 years to that area and we are thinking of a 5 week stay this winter in a condo there. I would appreciate all and any advice.

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
15,162 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on condo on Key Colony Beach, please!

I have not stayed there, but, I have heard a lot of good things about the property as a whole.

Naperville, Illinois
Level Contributor
3,182 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on condo on Key Colony Beach, please!

I have stayed there many times and would recomend the place. Great location on the beach with a nice sized pool, tiki hut and grills for guests to use. Each condo is individually owned so ask for pictures to see how updated each unit is.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on condo on Key Colony Beach, please!

I know KCB very well. I would rent a vacation rental over staying in a condo. Many homes have their own private pool, BBQs, are well stocked (kitchen and bedrooms). Many offer Inch Beach as part of their package and/or Cabana Club which you could Google for details. No, I'm not a realtor (far from it). You could IM me privately if desired for further discussion.

Virginia
Level Contributor
411 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice on condo on Key Colony Beach, please!

Thanks eveyone for all the input. Sea Isle sounds lovely & just what we are looking for!We prefer staying in a condo, privately owned. We enjoy meeting new people by the pool and sometimes going out to dinner with them. We travel alone and a house for several weeks becomes a little too lonely for us, and is more expensive!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice on condo on Key Colony Beach, please!

I concur with the person who recommended a house rental. SO much more privacy! My husband and I rented a house on Key Colony Beach with our own pool and hot tub, it was heavenly (and QUIET!) :)

I just made a post about our rental through "American Caribbean Real Estate." Our agent was Leslie. I highly recommend them for a trustworthy, secure transaction!

Hope this helps,

Deb :)

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
14,895 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Advice on condo on Key Colony Beach, please!

Most of the home rentals in KCB are duplex rentals. There are basically 3 areas to KCB, 1st thru 5th is in walking distance to the Cabana club, 7th & 8th are in walking distance to the park, golf course, play ground and a couple restaurants. 9th and up are closer to Annes Beach which is great for sunsets. If you rent a place without a pool make sure they have Cabana Club memebership. The CC has a large pool, hot tub, game room and nice beach and tiki bar. You will meet lots of nice people there and there a plenty to meet at Sparky's landing as well as many who take walks in the evening or ride bikes (we usually rent them altho one place we stayed at had bikes and pool floats included.) We rent thru Key Colony Beach Realty but have also rented thru VRBO. For a 5 week stay you would get a discounted rate in KCB.

Virginia
Level Contributor
411 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Advice on condo on Key Colony Beach, please!

WOW great & helpful information!! I appreciate the truthful comments I receive from all TA fans. I would have a much harder time planning a trip without TA and all of you!! THANKS!!

I've been using VRBO for almost 6 years and have had excellent results renting directly through owners in Europe & Mexico. We have committed to 5 weeks at Sea Isle, unfortunately had to take 2 different condos, but we are looking forward to enjoying all the natural beauty of the Keys.

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
152 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Advice on condo on Key Colony Beach, please!

I am a KCB homeowner with a very trustworthy rental just across the street from Sea Isles and with both Cabana Club and Inch Beach memberships. We advertise on this site as well as VRBO & HomeAway. Since our island of KCB requires licensing, always call KCB City Hall and ask if that address has a license, 24/7 Contact Person licensed and then get their name & phone # (public information- sewer/trash, water bills)) to confirm ownership if you are that worried. When I reply to inquiries I have alink into our FL ST license to reassure guests that we are the owners/no hoax!

Also, the hot tub at Cabana Club was inoperable last time I checked. So contact them to confirm if it is finally repaired or not!

Also, FYI, I wrote the "Background" article for KCB on TripAdvisors many years ago.....

Key Colony Beach...
Destination Expert
for Florida Keys
Level Contributor
7,634 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Advice on condo on Key Colony Beach, please!

The hot tub has been gone from the Cabana Club for a few years.

Barbados
Level Contributor
1,263 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Advice on condo on Key Colony Beach, please!

Do any of the properties at KCB rent by the night or only by the week? We are looking at our options for a 3 or 4 night stay for next summer.