We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need suggestions!!

Which Marathon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
michigan
13 posts
Save Topic
Need suggestions!!

My boyfriend and I are planning a vacation to Key West. We are in out early thirties and love any water sport/activity as well as just relaxing and enjoying a beer and local cuisine. We are driving from Miami to Key West and are planning on stopping for the night in Marathon (Sunday March 4th). Does anyone have a recommendations on where to stay? I would prefer nothing too expensive as we are only staying one night. Any suggestions for dinner or activities? Our flight lands in Miami at noon and then we will start driving.

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
14,679 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need suggestions!!

Check out Continental Inn in Key Colony Beach, White Sands Inn (marathon on Grassy key) and Sea Dell. Takes right at two hours with no stops, but I highly suggest stopping. Go to the "florida Keys" forum rather then just Marathon, and look at the right hand column for links to previous questions of where to stop. Make reservations asap. That's a busy week.

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
13,709 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need suggestions!!

The Holiday Inn is newly remodeled and not right on the ocean so may be a little less expensive. As bluewater suggested there are lots of great places to stop at on the way to Marathon.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
793 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need suggestions!!

Was going to say HI express too, the reviews are good and it's reasonably priced. We are about the same age and booked for Marathon for 4 nights in May here as the rate was very good.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
201 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need suggestions!!

We just booked the HI Express in Marathon too. Rate was very reasonable and it got very good reviews on TA.

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
2,123 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need suggestions!!

For dinner, drinks, apps or whatever, definitely try Sparky's Landing in Key Colony Beach -- really great place.

6. Re: Need suggestions!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:37 am, May 30, 2013