We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Night Fishing Marathon Lady

florida
Level Contributor
282 posts
Save Topic
Night Fishing Marathon Lady

Hi,

Has anyone done the night fishing trip on Marathon Lady? Just wondering what the trip was like and if you catch more fish at night.

Thanks!

Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Level Contributor
492 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Night Fishing Marathon Lady

I haven't personally gone, however I have a good friend that goes all of the time. They tend to do very well night fishing for snapper and grouper. Frequently, the capt. will bridle the ship (anchor off the port or starbord side) and everyone will be able to flat line for snapper. The captain and crew are nice people and work hard to keep everyone happy.

florida
Level Contributor
282 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Night Fishing Marathon Lady

I am taking my kids out on a day trip and thought if my son really liked it maybe we could go out again. Thinking maybe a night trip would be something different...and nothings better than fresh fish on the grill. :)

Key Colony Beach...
Destination Expert
for Florida Keys
Level Contributor
7,643 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Night Fishing Marathon Lady

Now is a GREAT time to fish for snapper. The full moon will bring the Mutton snapper.

DO IT!!!

florida
Level Contributor
282 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Night Fishing Marathon Lady

We will be staying in Key Colony the week of July 9th...I was wondering how the fishing was during the summer. I will check out what the moon is like during that time. :)

We are getting really excited about the trip. I grew up in Florida but haven't been to the Keys since my college days.

Tavernier, Florida
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Night Fishing Marathon Lady

Fishing should be very good around that time frame, just depends on the weather. Let me know if you want to go fishing when your down. I live in Islamorada.

6. Re: Night Fishing Marathon Lady

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 03, 2012