We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanksgiving Dinner Recommendations in/around Marathon?

Boston
1 post
Save Topic
Thanksgiving Dinner Recommendations in/around Marathon?

I will be in Marathon over Thanksgiving and was looking for some good dining recommendations....

Key Colony Beach...
Destination Expert
for Florida Keys
Level Contributor
7,637 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner Recommendations in/around Marathon?

Try Annette Lobster and Steak House, Key Colony Inn, Cabana Breezes, Lazy Days in Islamorada.

If it's open the Hurricane has .25 wings on Thursdays, You can get them plain, mild, medium, hot, garlic, and about 5 other ways that I can't remember.

I'd contat them first to be sure that they will be open.

Or you can pick up some lobster, stone crab claws and have a real feast.

Chicago 'burbs
Level Contributor
57 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner Recommendations in/around Marathon?

are eating establishments open down there on thanksgiving..or should I plan to have food from before..??

Key Colony Beach...
Destination Expert
for Florida Keys
Level Contributor
7,637 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner Recommendations in/around Marathon?

I don't know if they are open, that's why I suggested making a call to the restaurants ahead of time.

Personally, I'd rather make my own dinner. It'd be cheaper, better, and at my leisure.

CA
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner Recommendations in/around Marathon?

We would like to pick up some lobster, and make our own dinner on Thanksgiving...where would be a good place to purchase?

We are already stopping at Publix to pick some things up, but don't know if they have a good seafood selection. We won't be in the Marathon area until Wed. eveing before Thanksgiving...I know allot of places are closed Thursday.

Thanks for any help!

Key Colony Beach...
Destination Expert
for Florida Keys
Level Contributor
7,637 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner Recommendations in/around Marathon?

Islamorada Fish market in Islamorada will have fresh seafood of every variety.

Captains Three Seafood on Coco Plum Avenue. At the very first stop light after Islamorada, about MM 55, is Coco Plum Drive (road, BLVD) go left (ocean side) Follow Coco Plum about 1/4 - 1/3 mile, and Captains Three is on the left.

I'm sure that Publix and Winn Dixie will also have seafood available.

Get answers to your questions about Marathon