We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean Isles Fishing Village

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Ocean Isles Fishing Village

Hi Folks

Is anyone familiar with Ocean Isle Fishing Village. I've come across a rental unit there that looks nice, but not knowing the area, it's hard to know what it's really like.

Nice? Or a little run down? Quiet? Safe? Near a few places to eat?

Thanks a million.

Jim

Marathon, Fl
Destination Expert
for Marathon
Level Contributor
1,059 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ocean Isles Fishing Village

Ocean isles is on the ocean side. They are nice small units. It is just about across the street from Subway and in walking distance to Don Pedro's (cuban food) and Fish Tales (seafood). Taxi's are dirt cheap here, so you shouldn't have any trouble finding a good place to eat.

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
15,158 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ocean Isles Fishing Village

It has a huge pool! Used to be the largest in the state, or so I was told.

The units are individually owned, so each one is different. I have talked to people that have lived there and they all liked it.

Most places in the area are safe. DUI is the biggest crime problem we have. And, this place is gated.

As the above poster mentioned, Don Pablos cuban restaurant is nearby, it's good and across the street from there is Frank's Grill, a great Italian place.

Marathon, Fl
Destination Expert
for Marathon
Level Contributor
1,059 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ocean Isles Fishing Village

Oh yeah, how could I forget Franks Place! Great food there.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ocean Isles Fishing Village

Thanks guys. Much appreciated.

Jim

Gurnee
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Ocean Isles Fishing Village

Did you make it to OIFV?

Regardless, if you stil;l have the rental contact could you please provide?

Thanks,

Chris

Ontario
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Ocean Isles Fishing Village

Hi Jim

I'm a past manager of Ocean Isles Fishing Village. The private condo resort has recently been updated. All the exterior of the buildings, the rec hall, the grounds/dock area and last but not least the really large pool. Most of the interiors have been renovated. The renovations are up to the owners of the condos. You might want to ask, if the unit you are interested in, has been renovated. Ocean Isles is located almost across the road from the airport. Rental cars are available at the airport. If you fly in and don't want to rent a car, cabs are available.

The resort started out as a Jack Tar Village, then the Salty Dog Resort and then Ocean Isles. The units are basically a motel size room with a kitchen and 3 pc bathrom on oneside. The rest is up to the owner, a bed(s), and a sofa and an eating area with a fidge and stove. Most have some kind of deck at the rear of the unit. Some are nicer than others.

Reataurants, liquor stores, grocery stores are within walking distance or 2 miles to the west. Again if you don't have a car, cabs are available. The major grocery store are two miles west of Ocean Isles. My husband and I have been going to Maratho, FL. since 1975. It certainly has become a very busy place. Ocean Isles is a gated community and is very private and quiet. Forgot to mention the dock area. Very nice place to walk and sit and watch the ocean.

There are some very good sites onthe web to give you more information on area businesses.

I really enjoy the Florida Keys and have stayed in many places, but, I still go back to Ocean Isles.

Hope you go to Ocean Isles and enjoy a laid back vacation!

"Betsy"

7. Re: Ocean Isles Fishing Village

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 22, 2010