We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Glass Bottom Boat Rides

4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Glass Bottom Boat Rides

Staying in Islamorada in March, does anyone know of snorkleing or glassbottom boat trips in this area?

North Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
165 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Glass Bottom Boat Rides

There are any number of offerings in the area but my two favorites are Keys Divers in Key Lago (snorkel only, no glass bottom boat tours) or the snorkel trip to Looe Key that leaves from Bahia Honda State Park, about an hour south or Islamorada. I think they have Glass Bottom boat tours but the snorkeling is so worth it.

Marathon, Fl
Destination Expert
for Marathon
Level Contributor
1,083 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Glass Bottom Boat Rides

There is one that goes out of John Penningham State Park, I think and one in Marathon. Not sure about Islamorada.

Mount Dora, Florida
Level Contributor
655 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Glass Bottom Boat Rides

There is a glass bottom boat ride in the Biscayne Bay National Park located in Homestead, FL. The last town you pass thru before you enter the Keys. You can visit their web site to see the time and prices.

If it has been windy or rough seas the day before they will not run the boat as there will be poor visibility. (unlike the for profit providers)

The boat leaves at 10AM daily,I think.

4. Re: Glass Bottom Boat Rides

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 pm, August 22, 2009