We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resort Recommendation

Which Islamorada hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
413 posts
Save Topic
Resort Recommendation

I am looking for a resort to go to winter-time. We are a family of 4, looking for nice resort, good pool, beach, and although relaxing, need some things for my 2 teenage kids to do so they don't get bored. It can be in any part of the Keys.

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
13,906 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Resort Recommendation

Try Key Colony Beach. Has 1/2 duplexes on the water with community pool, beach, tennis & small golf course. It is a community. Bring the rollerblades or rent bikes. Has 3 restaurants there or you are 10 minutes from Marathon for shopping, sightseeing, etc. Key Colony Beach realty has a website that shows the rentals & prices available.

Also check the Chamber of Commerce with each key. They will send you brochures. Some of the resorts have bikes, canoes & paddle boats available. The Reef resort also has ping pong. They are in Marathon & on the gulf side so you would get the beautiful sunsets & you can catch fish right off the dock. I don't reccomend Key West to stay at but a good day trip for something to do.

Islamorada is a nice Key but other than the Topsider I don't know if they have any other resorts with things for kids to do. If you want something super nice try Carribean Resort. It's like $400 nite. Very nice rooms (1/2 duplex) & pool is fantastic. Not much else to do there except fish. It is within walking distance so some shops & restaurants.

Good luck & have fun!

2. Re: Resort Recommendation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, August 20, 2009