We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay where kids are not allowed?

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Level Contributor
7 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay where kids are not allowed?

Table45 and I are traveling in late November to celebrate our 25th. We want to stay in Islamorada (or nearby) but do not want to even hear (or see) a child. Sorry, but we're taking this trip without our kids for a reason. Beautiful sunset/sunrise, some beachfront and general romance are on the agenda. Any suggestions? Places that are a must see? Places to avoid? Welcome any suggestions, please.

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
15,347 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay where kids are not allowed?

Casa Morada is no one under 16. Kona Kai in Key Largo is as well.

Little Palm Island has alllll you are looking for. (except not in Islamorada but right by Big Pine Key)

We prefer to stay at places with no kids allowed as well - the last few years we've been staying at Bucuti in Aruba. Also has all you are looking for except for not being in Islamorada. It's a FANTASTIC property.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Level Contributor
7 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay where kids are not allowed?

Thanks, Bluewater. I'll check out Casa Morada. That one piqued my interest.

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
15,347 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay where kids are not allowed?

It's a beautiful property. And it's view is incredible.

Key Largo, Florida
Destination Expert
for Key Largo
Level Contributor
1,970 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay where kids are not allowed?

Once again, I am in agreement with Blue. We also look for places that don't allow kids.

One of our biggest disappointments was at the former Ritz Carlton Palm Beach. They had a designated "adults only" pool. It was one of the main reasons we chose to stay there. Too bad the staff didn't enforce the rule and it became full with diaper clad screaming and crying little ones. So much for that 'romantic' atmosphere.

I would also strongly suggest Casa Morada. Not a fan of LPI as whenever I have been there, I felt like it was a place bosses steal away with their much younger secretaries.

South Florida...
Destination Expert
for Miami, Key Largo
Level Contributor
3,752 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay where kids are not allowed?

Think about a reservation at Pierre's for a celebratory dinner. Get there by sunset for beautiful views. If you want quirky and some fun pictures, rent the Nautilimo. It's a pink Cadillac boat.

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
15,347 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay where kids are not allowed?

wnb - LOL on your LPI comment. I think you are very correct.

boston
Level Contributor
148 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay where kids are not allowed?

Just started looking at Islamorada hotels and came across The Ocean House - looks very nice and is adults only.

8. Re: Where to stay where kids are not allowed?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, September 21, 2014