We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Bars

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
90 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Best Bars

Will be in Islamorada next week and would like to know which bars should I not miss. Like to hang out with the locals or just a cool bar - great music and cold beer.

Mentioned in this post
Islamorada
Islamorada
Florida Keys, FL
Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
15,942 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Bars

When we go out for cocktails in Isla - Morada Bay Beach bar is our first, and we have a little spot where we can hide at the bar and not be in the big mix (see if you can find it :) The other spot we really like is Zane Grey. Sometimes at night we'll hit Ziggies Bar, just depends on who is going to be there. Plenty of tourist bars in the area too.

Mentioned in this post
Morada Bay
Morada Bay
2,290 Reviews
Islamorada, FL
Islamorada, Florida
Level Contributor
111 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Bars

Lorelei for the best locals bar! The bartenders (Chris, Anne, Keith, Shawn, JR) all know what we drink, we don't even have to order first!

Mentioned in this post
Anne's Beach
Anne's Beach
1,027 Reviews
Islamorada, FL
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
4,941 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Bars

at Lorelei is the bar indoors? I just remember the great dining patio next to the canal where boats would pull up and the folks would climb over the rail to have a meal.

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
15,942 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Bars

No. The bar is where you dock.

Islamorada, Florida
Level Contributor
111 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Bars

The indoor restaurant and patio was destroyed by a hurricane several years ago. Now there is just the outside restaurant and bar. Also, the beach area has been expanded and there is another bar out there. Entertainment nightly.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
172 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Bars

Morada Bay is always our first sunset in Islamorada - every trip....we love it. Lor-e-lei is great too.....but Morada Bay to me is the best :)

Mentioned in this post
Morada Bay
Morada Bay
2,290 Reviews
Islamorada, FL
Islamorada
Islamorada
Florida Keys, FL
New Hampshire
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Bars

Thanks for all the tips on good bars! Do you have any other advice? My boyfriend and I will be spending 3 nights in Islamorada this Sept - we are late 20's, enjoy exploring/diving/beaches by day and then a nice dinner followed by fun on the town in the evenings. Any suggesions you might have for us on things to do or restaurants/bars that would be great! We'll have a car, so getting around won't be an issue.

Mentioned in this post
Islamorada
Islamorada
Florida Keys, FL
Palm Beach Gardens...
Level Contributor
127 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Bars

Morada Bay is very nice for a cocktail. I think you'll have LOVELY weather, so sitting outside is ideal...who knows, you might even see a porpoise swimming around like we did! Still haven't been to Lor-e-Lie, so can't comment but seems tons of people recommend. My favorite spot for a cocktail has been on the condo balcony we rent!

whitter05, I think you'd like the Postcard Inn for nightly entertainment. I think that's the liveliest place down there!

We found MEAT when we were there last...YUM!! You really owe it to yourselves to try it. Bitton is greta for crepes/croissants. Village Gourmet has the best grouper rueben. Don't miss out on the Hungry tarpon at Robbie's Marina...wonderful!! And feed the Tarpon!! If I think of anything else, I'll hop back on here!

Oh, Anne's Beach is fabulous for snorkeling and has picnic tables!!

Mentioned in this post
Morada Bay
Morada Bay
2,290 Reviews
Islamorada, FL
Hungry Tarpon
Hungry Tarpon
1,277 Reviews
Islamorada, FL
Anne's Beach
Anne's Beach
1,027 Reviews
Islamorada, FL
9. Re: Best Bars

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, October 16, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Islamorada