We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pierres Wedding

London, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
Pierres Wedding

As you may have seen, I have posted regarding a wedding in Coconut Cove but after plenty of helpful advice from you guys, am now looking at a wedding at Pierres so thought I would open a new thread.

Just wanted to hear from anyone that has had a wedding here. How "expensive" is it? Ideas of site fees etc. would be great as I am struggling to get in contact with them at the moment and am getting quite excited about this venue but don't want false hope if it is completely out of our price range!

We are looking for a number of little extras, such as fireworks and maybe even arriving by helicopter or speedboat, pending cost. Anyone ever seen anything like this done at Pierres and do they allow you to have your meal on the beach rather than in their restaurant?

Any advice or experiences (good or bad) greatly appreciated.

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
15,006 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pierres Wedding

If you are looking at fireworks and helicopters - Pierres will prob be in your price range then. I wouldn't stress about not being able to get hold of them yet - big time difference and I'm betting the wedding people weren't doing office work last night.

Their outdoor patio is a beautiful view and would make a lovely spot for a meal. You could also eat at Morada Bay which would be less $.

Islamorada, Florida
Level Contributor
111 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pierres Wedding

I have read your post at both headings. I will tell you there is NO comparison between Coconut Cove and Pierre's/Morada Bay. If money is not a concern, go with Pierres or Morada Bay. I would also look at the Islander and the Islander Bayside.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
500 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pierres Wedding

Steve T

We just spent a night at Coconut Cove back in Nov and went to the Full moon party at Morada Bay/Pierres.Go with the latter.Much more sand and open space for your guests.Pierres looks way more modern and classier. CC will easier on your wallet but it has a 1970s motel feel to it.They have detached (from the main bld ) rooms or cabins that really feel and look like an motel.CC has alot of space which looks very nice as you drive in( I actually liked the grounds) but as I walk through the whole area I noticed that it has been neglected and can use a nice dose of "Yard Crashers". The main bldg has much better rooms and more modern. Hope this helps.

South Florida...
Destination Expert
for Miami, Key Largo
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pierres Wedding

I attended a beautiful wedding at Pierres. Definitely contact them for all the details. The father of the bride described it as expensive but didn't feel he was nickled and dimed along the way.

For an arrival/departure experience, look at the Nautilimo

http://uniqueboattours.com/nautilimo/

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
15,006 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pierres Wedding

I arrived to our wedding by Nautilimo. Didn't tell anyone so it was REALLY a surprise. Nice guy too!

London, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Pierres Wedding

Yes that nautilimo is something I will look into.

I am progressing with pierres at the moment although we've since been advised of a place called ocean dawn suites now called ocean house. We like the idea of this place as apparently it is small and so you can take over the entire resort privately which we really wanted. Pierres won't allow us to have our meal served outside which we really wanted and we don't want to use their morada bay as I feel it is too casual for what we are looking for.

Any ideas?

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
15,006 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pierres Wedding

Morada Bay can be casual - but from what you were describing prior - I don't think it will be too casual for you, esp since you were originally liking Coconut. You cannot beat the atmosphere there. The one prob I have with Morada is all the children. Not trying to talk you out of Ocean Dawn, just throwing out there that it might work for what you are trying to do.

Islamorada, Florida
Level Contributor
111 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pierres Wedding

There is no comparison between Pierres, Morada Bay and Coconut Cove. They are apples and oranges. The first 2 are first class operations and settings. No so with Coconut Cove.

key largo
Level Contributor
17 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pierres Wedding

Check out Lookout Lodge, sunset weddings and you can do it however you want, you can even have Marker 88 do the catering or Carribbean Caterers, both are great!

Atlanta
Level Contributor
479 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pierres Wedding

Cheapeake Beach Resort had a nice wedding when we stayed there--the layout of the place lends itself to a possible private ceremony.