We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay?

Which Islamorada hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hartsville...
Level Contributor
28 posts
93 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay?

I think I have my choices narrowed down to Ocean Dawn Suites or Pines & Palms Resort. Which one is best or I have missed a better one out there that isn't too expensive? I want oceanfront with views from my room, nice pool and beach. I am going to book ASAP and would appreciate any suggestions.

Key Largo Florida
Level Contributor
382 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay?

The Islander Resort is pretty sweet with all that you are looking for. Not sure how they rate pricewise with those others you found.

Hartsville...
Level Contributor
28 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay?

I looked at the Islander and really liked it, but the only rooms they have available for the time we will be there don't have an ocean view. Thanks for your advice.

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
14,507 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay?

Don't rule out bayside rooms at places. the bayside is beautiful. Lots of little islands to look at.

PS - Not a fan of the Islander here, but, they have a new place on the bayside. Islander Bayside. Looks better and quieter then the oceanside place. The ocean side Islander is like going to a circus IMO.

Edited: 10:03 am, December 17, 2011
Hartsville...
Level Contributor
28 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay?

Thanks for the advice. How is the water for swimming on the bay side?

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
14,507 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay?

Very nice.

St. Moritz...
Destination Expert
for St. Moritz, Engadin St. Moritz
Level Contributor
4,048 posts
383 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay?

The circus is the right expression, bluewater, partly also because of all those dogs running free on the beach there and all over your beach chairs and towels. I would choose the Ocean Down or the Pines and Palms over the Islander any time. If you want a kitchen and a cozy Key's feeling, choose Pines and Palms, it's very nice. The Ocean Down has newer interior and garden however. Have also a look at Ragged Edge, nice and very well kept garden, nice pool. Rooms are dated and rather basic, but it is in a tranquil location (end of a dead-end-street, so no through-traffic) and does not accept party crowds. For the beach, they will give you a complimentary pass for Founders Park, where you will find a small, nice beach. The park is close by - use the free bikes they have at disposition.

Hartsville...
Level Contributor
28 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay?

Thanks for all the information. I have chosen Pines and Palms.

Islamorada, Florida
Level Contributor
111 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay?

I think you will like Pines and Palms. I live very near there.

9. Re: Where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, December 24, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Islamorada