We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Top dinner restaurants Islamorada area

Lyme Connecticut
Level Contributor
51 posts
35 reviews
Top dinner restaurants Islamorada area

Will be staying in Islamorada late March 2011. Need suggestions for top breakfast/dinner restaurants and the best places to kayak and/or snorkel. Also, will spring break still be happening the 25th-26th? Thanks, Babs

Florida
Level Contributor
3,754 posts
24 reviews
1. Re: Top dinner restaurants Islamorada area

For restaurants - look at Pierre's, Morada Bay, Lazy Days

For breakfast - Bob's Bunz

For kayaks - Robbie

For snorkeling - you'll need a boat trip to the reef

Islamorada isn't that much of a spring break place for college kids although you may find it busier with families. The Miami and Broward county school spring breaks will be over.

Westerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
689 posts
2. Re: Top dinner restaurants Islamorada area

My dinner favorite is Lazy Days. Very good food and oceanfront tables. Morada Bay is popular and have tables on the sand. Lorelei is a landmark tiki bar, that I prefer for lunch. Surrounded by water, a total Keys experience.

Islamorada Fish Company is a corporate operation. But food is good, service is efficient, and the setting is pleasant.

Green Turtle Inn is a possibility for breakfast.

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
16,438 posts
37 reviews
3. Re: Top dinner restaurants Islamorada area

Tops are Pierre's, Ziggie and Mad dogs. Uncles is nice too. Monrada bay is nice for an outdoor night. Spanish Gardens is our favorite for lunch and dinner. The white bean and goat cheese salad is worth us driving 30 miles for. Breakfast, blvd bunz and hungry tarpon. Be sure to sit outside. You can take Robbieskayaks out to Indian key after breakfast.

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
16,438 posts
37 reviews
4. Re: Top dinner restaurants Islamorada area

should have said "Bobs Bunz" not blvd buns. Stupid auto corrector. ugh

Lyme Connecticut
Level Contributor
51 posts
35 reviews
5. Re: Top dinner restaurants Islamorada area

Hi keymom: thanks for responding, it looks like your restaurant suggestions have hit the mark; also Robbie's looks like the place for kayaking, etc. I'm not sure I can get my hubby in the water for snorkeling, but he's definitely up for kayaking. Both of us are into birding, so anyplace we can get to, either kayaking or driving, to see as much wildlife as possible would be ideal.

Florida
Level Contributor
3,754 posts
24 reviews
6. Re: Top dinner restaurants Islamorada area

If you are birders, please tell me you are taking a trip into the Everglades.

There's also a wild bird sanctuary in Key Largo you should check out MM 93. In addition to the birds they are rehabbing, they have a couple of blinds where "former patients" often return. I've seen roseate spoonbills there.

Then again, just driving around South Florida will be a unique birding experience for you. I had to wait for a ibis to get out of the way on my drive home last night!

Oh - I also meant to correct that Bobs Bunz is really Islamorada Bakery. Or at least that's the bigger sign.

Syracuse NY
Level Contributor
570 posts
5 reviews
7. Re: Top dinner restaurants Islamorada area

I'm a big fan of Uncle's, Lazy Days and Morada Bay for dinner. Love being on the sand at Morada Bay, but can't beat the food and fun atmosphere at Uncle's or the great water view at Lazy Days either. Can't miss with any of these.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
58 posts
100 reviews
8. Re: Top dinner restaurants Islamorada area

In Islamorada right now. 1st visit and loving it. One suggestion would like to add to below is Kaiyo Grill -great seafood, fish, wonderful grill and steaks and also sushi. Fun attentive wait staff and good atmosphere. Sister to Green Turtle -we'll def go back. Found portions and type of food in Lazy Days not right for us but have really enjoyed Morada Bay, Loreleis (lunch or sunset)' and worth a try if you are a meatlover is Brazil Lenas. Have fun.

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
16,438 posts
37 reviews
9. Re: Top dinner restaurants Islamorada area

I feel bad for leaving Kaiyo out, we love Kaiyo too.

Islandfielder - be sure to check out Spanish Gardens while in Islamorada, right next to Uncles. The White Bean and Goat Chz salad is incredible! We were there recently and everyone in the room had the salad. (Lunch portion is single at dinner it's for sharing) Other favorites are the verde clams and the manchego with Quince for dessert.

Bay Shore, New York
Level Contributor
18 posts
14 reviews
10. Re: Top dinner restaurants Islamorada area

Love Lorelei for lunch; the conch chowder is a must! Pierre's is very nice for dinner

Get answers to your questions about Islamorada