We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ragged Edge or Ocean View

Which Islamorada hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Temperance, Michigan
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Ragged Edge or Ocean View

I'm trying to decide between Ragged Edge & The Ocean View for our trip in May. It will be myself & my boyfriend. We're both in our mid 30's. We both want a pool, a view of the ocean from the hotel (not necessarily our room). Neither of us care about actually swimming in the ocean. I also would like to be walking distance to bars/restaurants. He definately wants something laid back as far as being comfortable relaxing by the pool with drinks. We both prefer something less kid oriented since we don't have kids. Which would suit us better? Thanks!

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
14,691 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ragged Edge or Ocean View

Ragged Edge is only close to one bar/restaurant. Ocean View is close to Holiday Isle, which has a few bars and resturants, but I don't like HI for the restaurants.

Anchorage, Alaska
Level Contributor
65 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ragged Edge or Ocean View

bethellen,

After much googling on this site and others, our top choice was the Ragged Edge for our trip in March. Unfortunatly we waited too long to confirm and now they are full. :( If you are interested for May, I would book soon.

St. Moritz...
Destination Expert
for St. Moritz, Engadin St. Moritz
Level Contributor
4,068 posts
382 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ragged Edge or Ocean View

Ocean View as far as I know has no ocean view, it's bayside. It was in a different location before long time ago, and if I remember correct after a hurricane damage was erect at the actual site.

Ragged Edge is the perfect relaxed Keys holidays, just make sure you book early, as it's a small resort. We liked it very much and the Ocean view from there is fabulous.

Temperance, Michigan
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ragged Edge or Ocean View

Thanks for the responses. One more question: Is there a particular area on Islamorada where most retail establishments are (bars/shops/restaurants)? For instance, on Ft. Myers beach, the "main" area is at the pier, Times Square. There is a cluster of places to eat, drink, etc.

Thanks,

Bethellen

St. Moritz...
Destination Expert
for St. Moritz, Engadin St. Moritz
Level Contributor
4,068 posts
382 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ragged Edge or Ocean View

Islamorada is a stretch along the highway, you don't find everything concentrated as at the Pier in Fort Myers. For dining and shopping I like best the area around Worldwide Sportsman , a big outdoor shop with a Restaurant and the Florida Fish Company at the same site with its Restaurant. Across the Street is the Green Turtle and some steps away is Pierre's.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,420 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ragged Edge or Ocean View

wish we would have eaten or at least had drinks at the restaurant upstairs at the worldclass sprtsman shop! next time....

there is no main area in key largo or islamorada.

there are great places to eat and drink

enjoy

7. Re: Ragged Edge or Ocean View

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 pm, September 20, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Islamorada