We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One night in Key Largo

lj
Kitty Hawk, NC
Level Contributor
33 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
One night in Key Largo

Need motel recommendations for 1 night (14 Feb). Clean, safe, etc. Staying in Islamorada for 2 weeks (can't wait).

Key Largo, Florida
Destination Expert
for Key Largo
Level Contributor
1,946 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One night in Key Largo

Just wondering why you want to stay in KL one night, since Islamorada and KL are 15 miles apart?

We just had a friend stay at Key Largo Resort at Manatee Bay, who was very pleased (it was completely gutted and newly rebuild a year ago due to Hurricane damage). The Marriott in KL is very nice. Have stayed there personally and had many friends stay there. Have also had friends stay at Bayside Resort who also liked it. I guess it depends what you are looking for and how much you would like to spend.

Anchorage, Alaska
Level Contributor
65 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One night in Key Largo

wmbamiamisol,

I have heard good things about Manatee Bay, but I also heard that the construction is still on-going there. Could you ask your friend about it? From other posts it sounds like the restaurant and tiki bar are still not open and they are still building on.

PS Has anyone stayed at the Bay Harbor Lodge lately. Both places sound good.

Key Largo, Florida
Destination Expert
for Key Largo
Level Contributor
1,946 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One night in Key Largo

I live about 3 miles from the Manatee Bay Resort. Drive past it everyday on my way to mail stuff at the post or hit the grocery. The construction is next door - the Upper Keys Govt. Center is being built. If you were staying 1 night, I think it would be fine. If you were making a week of it, I think the dust and noise from the construction would be a bother. Saw they were charging $225 online, which is too much for this property (albite it IS high season. My friends who were just there for 3 nights were up early (snorkel & fishing trips) and back late. They would not have been at the resort when work was being done. They paid $150 a night and it was over a weekend. They got that rate walking in.

4. Re: One night in Key Largo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 am, September 19, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Islamorada