We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

misleading resort

Which Islamorada hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
fl
1 post
Save Topic
misleading resort

Coconut Cove resort it's not what appears on the website it was largely embellished. We found it unacceptable .Their cabins that state have a porch don't have any porches they have broken down picnic tables and benches right by the entrance into the resort the road is covered with white dust.

Be aware! Requirements for deposit website states one night stay and they accept credit cards. We had to pay 50% deposit by check only.

We didn't stay because the resort wasn't dog friendly. Requested the refund minus one day fee as stated on Website. Our request was denied by the owner after the manager agreed to refund the entire amount.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
172 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: misleading resort

This is what I found on their site (and I know for a fact they haven't changed it lately as it was the same a few months ago when I booked):

Cancellation policy: Weekend, holidays, & special events require minimum stay, are paid in advance & never refundable. Specific or winter rates may apply. All others reservations require a minimum of 1/2 of the stay paid in advance, make checks payable to Coconut Cove Resort. Groups are prepaid in full, and not refundable. If you cancel 7 days prior to your arrival date, refunds are given minus a $25 handling fee, less than 7 days notice are never refundable, sorry no exceptions. Groups are prepaid in full and are not refundable. No refunds for early departures. Please make sure you get trip/travel insurance for hurricane season June to November.

"...less than 7 days notice are never refundable." It seems to me that you didn't read everything thoroughly. You can't really fault a place for that. As for the condition, did you stay in the newly renovated Generals Quarters or the older part? After reading the reviews on here, I learned to request the Generals Quarters as the old part seems really run down.

I'll be sure to post upon my return. Hopefully it's not a bad experience!

South Florida...
Level Contributor
10,820 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: misleading resort

The reviews on this site are not too good for them. I do not think I would have stayed with them. There are too many other places with much better reviews.

3. Re: misleading resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, September 10, 2009