We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Book On TripAdvisor Bonus Book your hotel on TripAdvisor — then save 20% on things to do for your trip. Use code BOOKTOSAVE.

Shuttle Bus to Key West

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Shuttle Bus to Key West

I would like to go to Key West, and from what I have read I do not need a car.But I need to get there , has anyone taken a shuttle bus from the Miami or Fort Lauderdale Airport to Key West? If so how was your experience.

Naperville, IL
Level Contributor
372 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Shuttle Bus to Key West

We have used both a private limo and the Keys Shuttle from FLL to Marathon. You can check the Keys Shuttle on line for schedules and prices. The van will pick up and drop off at your door. It was a pleasant drive at a reasonable cost (around $70) but you have to follow their schedules. From what I can tell, the limo service runs all the time. I think we used To 'n Fro, they also have a web page. Altho they are quite a bit more expensive (over $150 from FLL to Marathon) they are a good choice when the shuttle is not available.

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
13,897 posts
10 reviews
2. Re: Shuttle Bus to Key West

In 2001, the Greyhound bus ran from the Miami airport to Key West. As well as the reverse. Pretty handy, although it wasn't our planned method of transporation. We were in Key West on 09-11...... At that time a one way fare was $30.00 Jean

NH
4 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Shuttle Bus to Key West

I thought about the same thing. I'm flying into Ft. Lauderdale on 11/18. I'm renting a car instead. Expedia shows around $35/day for a one-way rental. Then you can have the car for the whole day and check out the island a bit while not be cramped onto some bus leaving on their schedule. Since there's two of us traveling it'll be more economical, even figuring in gas. The only downside I can see is having to return in to the airport in Key West. But I can either a.) walk back (2 miles to my hotel) b.) rent a bike and throw it in the trunk or c.) take a cab.