We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather and what to wear - November

CA
4 posts
Save Topic
Weather and what to wear - November

For our 25th anniversary I'm surprising my husband with a trip to Key West (4 nights) followed by a couple nights in Miami to see a Dolphins football game (he's a big fan, although we are from the other side of the US - California).

I've told him I've planned a trip to Hawaii and he lives in shorts and tank tops year round anyway . . .I was wondering if this will this be suitable and acceptable attire for mid-November / Key West? (weather? too casual?)

I've been taking advice of postings here and am driving into Key West, leaving the rental car there, then flying back up north. I've booked our stay at Southernmost on the Beach. I'm thinking of doing the Yankee Freedom trip one day . . .but am not sure of anything else. I'll keep reading the other postings, but anything other advice would be great.

I can hardly wait ! :-) Can you tell . . . .

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
4,604 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather and what to wear - November

Nice surprise... He'll love it.

Shorts, a clean tee and sandles will get you into the swankiest place on the island.

Do not pack anything that needs ironing

Do not bring new shoes... Comfy over stylish will save your feet

A light jacket / windbreaker for the evenings should do it

As for Miami - All bets are off... With the exception of the windbreaker, the above info does not apply. (Especially South Beach which is what most folks think off when they think 'Miami'... Too many TV shows and movies shot there.)

key west
Level Contributor
6,101 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather and what to wear - November

Ditto to Seabus' post, I might add that a few of our restaurants keep their a/c at levels suitable for penguins. I carry a very light long-sleeve shirt and my wife keeps a light sweater/top/jacket/wrap thing in our car for just such events, when we sit either under an ac vent or if we just ducked out of a quick rainshower. The times we see someone in a jacket and tie we think "defendant". Have fun!

CA
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather and what to wear - November

Thanks for the responses. It sounds like it will be perfect for us.

Tallahassee, Florida
Level Contributor
3,521 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather and what to wear - November

I would bring a light jacket if you are planning a sunset cruise. It can get chilly on the water especially after the sun sets.

Casual attire is more than fine. I like to bring wraps, you can tie your hair up in them during the day, wear them on your shoulders if you get cool, or tie them around you waist like a belt to dress up any outfit.

A girl tip is some light/neutral color lip stick, most brands have built in SPF. Also use your face moisterizer for sunblock. It keeps you skin radiant, still gives your skin an anti ageing boost, and your face wont get gressy.

Ballet flats are big here.

In Miami, you might want to dress a little more shiek... Pants and a light sweater. If there is a cold snap it will be cool.

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
66 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather and what to wear - November

traveldee, fantastic surpise IMO! I too am heading to KW in November but for my hubby's 40th, although it's not a surprise. I could never pull that off, I am terrible at keeping secrets. I like the idea of giving him a gift he will love that I will also get to enjoy. Counting the days -- only 33 to go!!!

6. Re: Weather and what to wear - November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, August 22, 2009