We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Doubletree Grand Resort Key West

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
42 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Doubletree Grand Resort Key West

Does any one have any opinions on the Doubletree Grand Key West Resort. It looks nice the prices are good a 2 room king bed suite is going for $250/ni. Any bad/good reviews. What about location??? Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Key West
Key West
Florida Keys, FL
Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
4,605 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Doubletree Grand Resort Key West

Ref the airport... Key West is a small island, a little less than 4 miles by 2 miles. There's always going to be airplanes overhead. The airport shius down around 11 o'clock for commercial flights. I live on the eastern flight path but have never had a problem with them. (It also happens to be the western flight path for Key West Navel Air Station - again, not a major issue.)

Construction in the Keys is such that the building are very tight and the windows must be hurricane rated. This means they are very heavy and block out outside noise very well.

Feel good about staying at the DoubleTree with your child. No sweat!

Mentioned in this post
Key West
Key West
Florida Keys, FL
Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
37,211 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Doubletree Grand Resort Key West

If you sit at the small beach at the Pier House, which is on the other side of the island, many of the airplanes come right overhear. Whenever the two-prop jobs come in I always think of Humphrey Bogart and Claude Raines in Casablanca outside of Rick's Cafe American, looking up at the airplane taking off for Lisbon. I can hear Claude whisper to me, "You're a sentimentalist, PJK."

Ugarte

New Haven...
Level Contributor
258 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Doubletree Grand Resort Key West

We stayed both here and at the KW Hilton (now a Hyatt). The location for the Hilton was nicer, but the Doubletree is very nice! It does have a resort feel to it, activites and I recall there being a shuttle down to Duval as well. So, you should be able to just leave the car and not worry about parking. Very nice property- we wouldn't hestiate to stay here again and have the suite was perfect too.

Mentioned in this post
Duval Inn
Duval Inn
768 Reviews
Key West, FL
arkansas
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Doubletree Grand Resort Key West

One small correction: the former Hilton on Front Street is now a Westin, not a Hyatt.

New Haven...
Level Contributor
258 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Doubletree Grand Resort Key West

oops! and I knew that too :)

16. Re: Doubletree Grand Resort Key West

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 pm, August 20, 2009