We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sunset??

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
392 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
sunset??

We are going to KW for our 10th anniversary and I was wanting some suggestions of a romantic place to watch the sunset. Dont get me wrong, I LOVE Mallory square and will spending most evenings there but there is something not so romantic about watching the sunset with 10,000 of your closest friends! lol Maybe some place a little quieter where we can have a drink or two and just enjoy each others company. A private sunset cruise would be wonderful but it is out of our price range. Thanks for your help.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,783 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sunset??

For a secluded spot you could go up to the Sunset Deck at the Pier House at 1 Duval Street. There is a staircase on the right side of Duval, across from the Ocena Key Resort, behind those pots with pouring water and a fence. Everyone else seems to go to the Mallory Docks so the Sunset Deck is usually deserted. You can ask your SO to wait while you go down the stairs on the other side into the property. There is a beach-side bar there where you can get two drinks, then sit back and enjoy the sunset. There are chairs and bathrooms up there.

Based on when you are there about a half hour after sunset, the sailboats and catamarans come back in. If yu have time stick around and watch for a while.

Pjk

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,783 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sunset??

For a secluded spot you could go up to the Sunset Deck at the Pier House at 1 Duval Street. There is a staircase on the right side of Duval, across from the Ocena Key Resort, behind those pots with pouring water and a fence. Everyone else seems to go to the Mallory Docks so the Sunset Deck is usually deserted. You can ask your SO to wait while you go down the stairs on the other side into the property. There is a beach-side bar there where you can get two drinks, then sit back and enjoy the sunset. There are chairs and bathrooms up there.

Based on when you are there about a half hour after sunset, the sailboats and catamarans come back in. If yu have time stick around and watch for a while.

Pjk

Central Illinois
Level Contributor
643 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sunset??

am I havin' a real intense case of deja vu here?

Tallahassee, Florida
Level Contributor
3,511 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sunset??

oh darlin you have no idea....

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,783 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sunset??

Where didya think those 1569, now 1570, posts came from? 1570 post and only about 6 unique ones. I need a vacation!.

8-)

Pjk

6. Re: sunset??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 am, August 17, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Key West