We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spring Break

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tallahassee, Florida
Level Contributor
3,501 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Spring Break

The offical countdown to Spring break is starting. March 5-9 FSU will invade Key West, and hopefully give Seabus a lot of money...

I know it sounds silly... But we are going to have to make a reservation in the next month or two sssooo the hunt starts... The La Concha was nice, but very overpriced for what you get.

We are looking forward to getting way more crazy this year, especially since I have no boyfriend at home to feel guilty about!

So random suggestions are always welcome. Especially those good deals!

Only, 24 weeks!

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,000 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Spring Break

I think they'd love to have you there. The photos of the suites that I have seen look really nice with a view either straight out to the ocean or angled towards Sunset Key and overlooking the little beach.

And it's not unusual for groups of people to all come down together and all get together in the pool or on the float just off shore and have party. (Even later into the following morning until someone complains about the noise.)

They have been cracking down on people bringing their own drinks (and food) down to the beach and the pool area. You can try using your own containers but they may ask you to trash them - either Gregori or Nate, the two towel boys when I was there last. (Buy one round just to get the plastic cups, then keep using them). I use a paper bag.

Pjk

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,000 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Spring Break

If you have Q's about availabliliy, etc....

Agnieszka Gorska <agorska@PIERHOUSE.COM>

She can also book you if you decide to stay there.

Pjk

Tallahassee, Florida
Level Contributor
3,501 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Spring Break

you are amazing! I am hoping they don't frown upon crowding extra girls into a suite. I mean the suite comfortably holds 6 adding one or two more couldn't be that weird. I hear ya about the drinks. That is annoying. Do you think the cute girl trick will work on the towel boys? If we are paying to stay at that hotel, we dont want to pay 8 dollars a drink at the bar, that is just craziness. The cup idea is a good one, especially since our mugs are large it would easy to fill up the cups from them.

weird question... do they heat the pool?

essen, germany
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Anna Maria Island, Orlando
Level Contributor
3,955 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Spring Break

yes, i stayed at sothernmost two times...

it is ok and not too expensive!

but it is a little walk to where the life is :-)

but it´s quite though!!!

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,000 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Spring Break

No on the heated pool, but I've never been there when the pool didn't warm up from the sun enough to be comfortable. (They have water aerobics in the pool at 9:00 a.m. for about 1/2 hour which I'll bet won't affect you). And there is the hot tub just next to the pool.

You might try a few winky-blinks at Nate, the younger of the two with several piercings, but he really takes his job seriously. IIRC the drinks are relatively average for Key West. $4.50 for one of the best Bloody Mary's, but they don't have draft beer anymore. The food at the beach-side bar is very good. And remember. You can always put on a sarong and sandles and have a drink at Big Dogs which is right there on Front Street, just off the Pier House property, if you need a break from the beach. Then go right back.

Pjk

26. Re: Spring Break

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 pm, August 17, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Key West