We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Westwinds Inn, Eaton St

Gallatin, TN
Level Contributor
1,744 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Westwinds Inn, Eaton St

Has anyone stayed here? What can you tell me about it?

St.Petersburg...
Level Contributor
168 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Westwinds Inn, Eaton St

I have stayed at the Westwinds 5 times, most recently 1 month ago. The grounds are beautiful, the 2 pools were great. The rooms are great! The staff is always cleaning, cleaning, cleaning!! The continental breakfast is served poolside with juices, coffe, tea, muffins, breads,croissants, and fruit. Basic, but very nice. The some of the rooms are small but VERY clean! Not all of the rooms have tv, so when you make the reservation, specify if this is something you need. The location is a short walk to Duval and the Seaport district, where my fav bar, Schooners, is! I recall a review on this site talking about the cats...NOT TRUE! I have never seen anymore than 1 or 2 cats at the property, and I certainly never had one come into my room! The Westwinds is the best deal in Key West! The desk staff is amazingly helpful and friendly! You will love it! I have stayed there with my friends for the "Mom leaves town weekend!" and with my husband for the "Leave the kids behind weekend!". We've never seen loud partiers there, and no kids under 12 are allowed, so its a pretty quiet place! I'll post some of my pics on the review page. The on site parking is pretty much non existant, but the Grinnell Street Parking Garage is right around the corner. We park the truck and walk to the Inn and let the relaxation begin!!!

Gallatin, TN
Level Contributor
1,744 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Westwinds Inn, Eaton St

Thank you so much for your reply. My husband is staying here for

5 nts during Fantasy Fest end of October. He booked it through a very nice lady there in KW (sorry name escapes me right now!) that was very helpful in his search for a place to stay during this busy week. He doesn't have a TV in his room but he'll just have to deal w/that since everything is WAY out of his budget!!!

What was the problem w/cats? Guess I didn't read that review. We have 2 now and at home time had 4 so cats are not a problem. He'll probably have one up in his lap before the end of the 2nd day!!!

Thanks again,

Karen

Mentioned in this post
Fantasy Fest
Fantasy Fest
53 Reviews
Key West, FL
Kansas City
Level Contributor
599 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Westwinds Inn, Eaton St

Karen - I know your husband has a room now, but if he's looking for someone to share the room cost you maight check out this link: …virtualtourist.com/17/…

Gallatin, TN
Level Contributor
1,744 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Westwinds Inn, Eaton St

Thanks for the info. I'll let him know.

Karen

5. Re: Westwinds Inn, Eaton St

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 am, August 23, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Key West