We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Roll Call 2014 Fantasy Fest

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
534 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Roll Call 2014 Fantasy Fest

Its that time of year again to start the countdown. We're 93 days from the begining of the craziness. When is everyone arriving and where will you be staying? What are your plans while you're there?

There's 4 of us arriving on the 21st staying at the Parrot Key Resort We don't have an agenda only looking to have a wildly good time.

Peterborough, Canada
Level Contributor
66 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Roll Call 2014 Fantasy Fest

We ( hubby and I)are newbies to fantasy fest, we are arriving on the 20th and staying until the 2nd

No set plans ... Just having a good time

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
789 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Roll Call 2014 Fantasy Fest

Arriving solo on Thursday the 23rd, leaving the following Monday, staying at Marriott Beachside. Bringing a few costumes, nothing risqué, for the day and night. I just plan on doing a lot of people watching and maybe try a little snorkeling if I get the chance.

Chesapeake, Virginia
Level Contributor
445 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Roll Call 2014 Fantasy Fest

We are arriving on Friday and staying until Sunday at the Mermaid and Alligator. Stayed there last Oct and it was awesome. We walked everywhere from there. Planning to go out again with Danger for the all day trip and maybe get some snorkeling time in. Bringing a couple of costumes and we plan to walk in the local parade that starts at the cemetery- that was so much fun last year. We want to try some new restaurants this year and we did get the discount cards again- they paid for themselves last year. I highly recommend them.

I am not so into the new theme this year. Oh, and this year we are driving from the Va Beach, VA area. The airfare from Norfolk to Key West was out of the question. We will probably save over $1000 even if gas hits

$4.50. And, we can take our time going back on Sunday driving up the Keys and maybe stop at Alabama

Jacks, (never been there)

Edited: 9:33 am, July 16, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
534 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Roll Call 2014 Fantasy Fest

Hey Becky what discount cards are you referring too?

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Roll Call 2014 Fantasy Fest

My husband and I will be attending for our 7th year! We're staying from Mon 10/21-Sat night. Our flight leaves at 7:30pm. We're staying at the Heron House and can not wait til it's time to go! I get out our 'bins of joy' (bins with costumes/etc) starting around June and love to plan for every night!

Chesapeake, Virginia
Level Contributor
445 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Roll Call 2014 Fantasy Fest

This is the second year we bought Key West BAR and RESTAURANT cards on line. The website is WWW.KeyWestBarCard.com- I was lucky to get them early and got two sets for the price of one. You don't have to get both bar/rest. We used them alot at Schooner Wharf and Bodegas. There are great places on there and the proceeds go to good causes. Check it out. Actually I got two extra sets by mistake, so I am looking for a buyer when I get there.

Chesapeake, Virginia
Level Contributor
445 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Roll Call 2014 Fantasy Fest

I just checked the website for the discount cards and the combo is $27, the bar card alone is $20 and the restaurant card is just $10.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
33,962 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Roll Call 2014 Fantasy Fest

I bought both the Bar and Restaurant Cards for $27.00 for my trip in May. Two of us had dinner at the Rooftop Café one evening. We used the Bar Card to get a 2nd glass of wine as an aperitif for free, then got 10% off the dinner with the Restaurant Card. This one meal pretty much paid for both cards so when we again used it for breakfast at Croissants de France for another 10% discount, we were in profit territory.

Pjk

Chesapeake, Virginia
Level Contributor
445 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Roll Call 2014 Fantasy Fest

I rest my case!

Owens Cross Roads...
Level Contributor
15 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Roll Call 2014 Fantasy Fest

itzbecky..Thanks for the info on the cards. Looks like we may have to get some.

We will be there again from the 17th to 25th at the Lighthouse Court. Looks like we will be driving this year as air is not coming down. Just have to figure out the Sun Pass for the toll roads.