We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget Key West Airport Rental

Firestone, Colorado
1 post
Save Topic
Budget Key West Airport Rental

My wife and I rented a car from Budget at the airport to drive up the Keys for a day. We picked up the car and returned on the same day. We choose them for the god rates and were open late allowing us to return the same day. When we picked up the car we received all the traditional upswell, but the rental agent didn't want to take no for an answer. I was finally able to get out without any of the "extras". When we returned the car we asked the agent at the counter if we could get someone to verify there wasn't any damage and the fuel was filled back up. This agent told me that they don't do that. I've rented many cars and never had any issues, so didn't think this would be any different. When we returned home, I noticed an additional charge on my credit card from Budget. I contacted them and they told me I never filled the car up with fuel. That's funny I stopped just a couple miles from the airport, and have the charge on my credit card. Unfortunately paid at the pump and it didn't dispense a receipt. I contacted Budget's customer service team and told me there was a note in their system that they had to fill up 7.05 gallons of gas and wouldn't do nancy thing about the charge. I man in the process of disputing with my credit card company.

I would highly encourage anyone renting from Budget to watch out for the upsell, take pictures of the car when you return it, and keep a copy of your gas receipts and mileage. I guess the agent didn't like that I didn't take his upgrade offers, he found a way to be the additional revenue from me.

Hudson, Ohio
Level Contributor
283 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Budget Key West Airport Rental

Key west rentals are unique as nobody checks the car when you return it. You just park it and go in for your receipt. I would just keep complaining until they give you refund.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
35,539 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Budget Key West Airport Rental

Enter a dispute with your cc company. They should reverse the extra charge and inquire with Budget and hopefully get an answer.

Pjk

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
2,299 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Budget Key West Airport Rental

Keep complaining and posting your experience everywhere.

Vtc

4. Re: Budget Key West Airport Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, June 08, 2015