We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Island City House or Speakeasy Inn?

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lexington, KY
Level Contributor
156 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Island City House or Speakeasy Inn?

Hi all-

We'll be visiting in July and are trying to decide between the Island City House and the Speakeasy Inn for our trip. Both look great. I'm just concerned about location. Which one is going to be more "walkable"? July will be freaking hot. :-)

Lockport, IL
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Island City House or Speakeasy Inn?

I prefer the location of Island City House, but that's because we spend a lot of our time on the Harbor during our stays. Speakeasy is towards the Southern end of Duval, which is also nice because you are away from the noise that can come from lower Duval at night.

Both are walkable, it just depends on where you would prefer to spend more of your time to cut down your walking time.

SDT
Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
9,327 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Island City House or Speakeasy Inn?

Island City House has more amenities including a pool which will be very nice to have in July.

Speakeasy is nice but pretty basic. I would go with Island City House.

Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Island City House or Speakeasy Inn?

Island City House is very nice and closer to more of the tourist activities. That would be my pick, especially since it has a nice pool!

4. Re: Island City House or Speakeasy Inn?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, April 27, 2015