We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secret Drinking Places

Des Moines, Iowa
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
Secret Drinking Places

On my mission to drink in every place in KW I want to know what you know about the Secret Places in Key West. Some of the more hidden places we have found over the last few years are the Live Bait Lounge and the White Tarpon. Very different places but fun to know about. That being said, I know there are places that I don't know about so let them fly. Nothing is too discrete. We will be there in March. and I will be documenting your answers.

Go!!

ML

Mentioned in this post
Key West
Key West
Florida Keys, FL
Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
2,281 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Secret Drinking Places

Not sure. It's been the Orioles for as long as I've known it, maybe 10 or so years. I lose count....

Savannah, GA
Level Contributor
26 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Secret Drinking Places

Craft beer pub called KRAWL OFF DUVAL is one of my favorite places. I go there to get my Longboard Beer fix (Hawaiian brewery). Only 2 places in Key West carry the beer. One is a grocery store. The other is Krawl.

Oh, and Mr. Z's cheesesteaks is right across the street. Love gettin' boozed up at Krawl then grabbing a cheesesteak around 1 am and stuffing my face. LOL

Mentioned in this post
Duval Inn
Duval Inn
767 Reviews
Key West, FL
Mr Z's
Mr Z's
727 Reviews
Key West, FL
Des Moines, Iowa
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
33. Re: Secret Drinking Places

I think I got them all thanks everyone.. 5 inches of snow dropping on me tonight.

Can't wait till KW.. March 15

Knoxville, TN
Level Contributor
428 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Secret Drinking Places

I just discovered a new blog in which the writer attempts to visit every single bar on the island. This blog includes bars that are stuffed into places where I wouldn't even consider looking for a bar.

http://100bars100days.blogspot.com/

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
37,184 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Secret Drinking Places

It would be a challenge to name them all. The truck at the Westin is there, but no Conch Flyer that I could spot. Nice layout.

Pjk

Elkton, Maryland
Level Contributor
294 posts
Save Reply
36. Re: Secret Drinking Places

Trout: Thanks for the link to the blog. Read a couple of them. Good stuff. I've got some reading to do over the next month. I can see my must visit list growing!

creekchick
Level Contributor
14 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Secret Drinking Places

The Gardens Hotel has a great pool bar outside and wine bar on the inside.

Mentioned in this post
The Gardens Hotel
The Gardens Hotel
1,895 Reviews
Key West, FL
Chester County, PA
Level Contributor
1,666 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: Secret Drinking Places

How about the Purple Porpoise Pub? They don't get a lot of love here on TA, but they're a pretty excellent example of "Secret Drinking Places".

19.5 days.....

Des Moines, Iowa...
2 posts
Save Reply
39. Re: Secret Drinking Places

whoever wrote 100 bars in 100 days is a genius!!!

Cape Canaveral...
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
7,638 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: Secret Drinking Places

I came across that blog a couple weeks ago when I did a search for Sun Sun, the bar at Casa Marina. I was trying to find an online menu and got sucked right into reading that whole blog. ;)