We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can we go to a bar with a young child for music, open air?

Michigan
Level Contributor
416 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Can we go to a bar with a young child for music, open air?

Hi all, just booked a trip for May to the keys, our first visit to the area. Two mid-30's and son 5 y.o.

NO NO NO, I do not want to take him to Duval street at 11 pm as I read in another post! That is NOT what I mean in this question.

But, on vacation all three of us stay up late past our bedtimes and like to have fun! Are there "bars" or open air restaurant/pubs, or something where we can go have fun, laugh, listen to some music (live or otherwise), sit under a tiki, an open air area, see the sea or people watch? I'm wondering about something like Holiday Isles, or something like that?

My son is well behaved, he'll stay with us and does not bother others, but we all like to listen to some music or be somewhere with great scenery.

Any ideas here?

Washington
Level Contributor
529 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Can we go to a bar with a young child for music, open air?

Sparkys is great for kids and best fish tacos ever.

The Frozen North...
Level Contributor
409 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Can we go to a bar with a young child for music, open air?

Sparkys is perfect. My 10 year old very welcome there for 8 pm dinner outside. Try the Sparkys oysters and the gratinee appetizer -- also really good mojitos. I would not drive kid both ways to key west just for dinner and music.

Michigan
Level Contributor
416 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Can we go to a bar with a young child for music, open air?

Thanks so much, this is a great help for us. We have confirmed our lodging and we are just a few doors down from Cabana Breezes - not sure if that is kid friendly, or casual? But Sparky's is just 2 min away so that sounds great. Thanks for all these great ideas!

From what you have all said, we'll probably make a one day trip down to KW but spend more of our time doing other things. Thanks!

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
15,158 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Can we go to a bar with a young child for music, open air?

No worries, Cabana is kid friendly, it's part of a resort. Everything here is very casual.

15. Re: Can we go to a bar with a young child for music, open air?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, February 05, 2015