We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crown Plaza La Concha vs. Southernmost Hotel

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
League City, Texas
Level Contributor
1,483 posts
197 reviews
Save Topic
Crown Plaza La Concha vs. Southernmost Hotel

Need to decide quickly. I will arrive on Sunday. I am traveling solo, female. I am very familiar with Key West but have spent most of my time near Key West Bight and the marinas. I know where both these hotels are located. My trip is for three days. Not interested in the beach. I am traveling from the Bahamas, so get plenty of beach time here. I am looking for nice accomodations with good restaurants within walking distance or on property. A lively bar/restaurant on property is a plus, since I will be alone and just will need to get back to the room. I love a nice pool area, although not sure I will use it. I will be focused on a salon visit for hair, nails, pedicure, etc. Massage a plus. Will also do a little shopping. I am familiar with the bus system so can figure out how to get where I need to go. My biggest concern is a nice place in the evening where I can socialize, have fun, and be safe without having to go far. I like the location of La concha better and like the rooms better at Southernmost. I am having trouble deciding and appreciate input.

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
14,691 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Crown Plaza La Concha vs. Southernmost Hotel

uOnluy because you are asking.

You understand the locations. I hate the location of La Concha - so, since you're asking - Southernmost all the way IMO.

League City, Texas
Level Contributor
1,483 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Crown Plaza La Concha vs. Southernmost Hotel

Would you still reccomend for a single female that enjoys a nice, lively bar area?

SDT
Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
9,327 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Crown Plaza La Concha vs. Southernmost Hotel

Yes. The Southermost Beach Cafe has a nice bar. You are also a short walk from La Te Da, which usually has a nice crowd and is opened late.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
130 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Crown Plaza La Concha vs. Southernmost Hotel

I totally agree with SDT - I have been many times - love the location of the Southernmost and the staff, also hands down LaTeDa is the friendliest and just the best night out. Great atmosphere and music.

League City, Texas
Level Contributor
1,483 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Crown Plaza La Concha vs. Southernmost Hotel

Southernmost Hotel it is.

6. Re: Crown Plaza La Concha vs. Southernmost Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 11, 2015