We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Place to stay Christmas / New Years wk last minute get away

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
108 posts
Save Topic
Place to stay Christmas / New Years wk last minute get away

My wife and I a trying to book a last minute wk out of the COLD to our favorte place Key West, everything seems to be booked if anyone knows of a place / hotel, house , etc to rent it would be greatly appreciated looking for 12-26 - 1-2 Cheers Rick & Cindy Portland Oregon

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
14,691 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Place to stay Christmas / New Years wk last minute get away

Maybe look elsewhere in the Keys - Marathon, Islamorada..... ?

Busiest week of the year - if you can find something grab it asap!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
489 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Place to stay Christmas / New Years wk last minute get away

Try the Casa Marina. They may have something.

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
138 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Place to stay Christmas / New Years wk last minute get away

Wow that's going to be tough, and not cheap. We started looking 5-6 months ago to book our trip over New Years and things were pretty booked up even then. I think your best bet is to try Kayak, Expedia, etc and see what show's up. And/or spend some time checking the B&B's that might not show up on those sites. Edit - Just checked Kayak: Fairfield Inn showing at 362.00/night.......... :( Looks like there might be something on Hotwire under 300, not telling what it is

Edited: 5:22 pm, December 11, 2013
Traverse City...
Level Contributor
138 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Place to stay Christmas / New Years wk last minute get away

See my above post regarding Hotwire, I meant " no telling what it is" , didn't mean to say I wasn't going to tell :)

SDT
Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
9,327 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Place to stay Christmas / New Years wk last minute get away

The Inn at Key West also has rooms but they are close to $500 per night. I have never seen such ridiculous room rates in all the time I have lived here. Wow.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,000 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Place to stay Christmas / New Years wk last minute get away

Try here ---> http://bottleinn.com/

It looks as if there are rooms available but you have to complete the request to be sure and to see rates.

If not, go here and work your way down ---> http://keywestinns.com/directory/availability

Pjk

Edited: 8:35 pm, December 11, 2013
Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
11,813 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Place to stay Christmas / New Years wk last minute get away

It happend twice for me and some friends. Decided to go on a whim from Miami and ended in the worst motel on the island. Did it again 3 or 4 years later and the lesson was not learned it seems since we ended in the same exact motel! Well it was even worst than the previous time, we found that the toilet was not even flushed. I suspected that they had tried to book that room a few times during the same evening! So that time we ended up sleeping in the car!

So try to find something in the other keys or just rent something in Miami and do a day (night?) trip. Facing a return in the middle of the night is even better than what we ended up with!

8. Re: Place to stay Christmas / New Years wk last minute get away

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 13, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Key West