We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much time to you guys spend in your rooms while in Keys?

Dayton, Ohio
1 post
Save Topic
How much time to you guys spend in your rooms while in Keys?

Flat screen tvs and wireless internet? Why in the heck arent you in Miami Beach?

Not all of us are from Boston or were ever naive enough to think that the price would not reflect things ab out the place. I go down there for the wildlife (both kinds) and cannot afford (nor do I want) 5 story chain hotels....The Keys is supposed to be different. If it becomes Miami Beach, they can keep both. FL has a reputation to uphold I guess---quickly becoming the most backward state in the country...I will miss ye, Ole Keys!

Mentioned in this post
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Orchid Key Inn
Orchid Key Inn
#2 of 51 hotels in Key West
Marquesa Hotel
Marquesa Hotel
#6 of 51 hotels in Key West
Eden House
Eden House
#8 of 51 hotels in Key West
Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
37,211 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much time to you guys spend in your rooms while in Keys?

Right Arm. Out of state. Tune in. Turn on. Off the pigs.

Sorry. I had a flashback. (Purple Haze. Foxy Lady)

Pjk

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
4,934 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much time to you guys spend in your rooms while in Keys?

every been in a massive rainstorm while in the Keys?

I've experienced them in both January and May in Tavernier and Key West and would not have wanted to be anywhere else during the longer than usual downpours. I was happy to have all those cable TV channels!

Mentioned in this post
Tavernier
Tavernier
Key Largo, FL
Key West
Key West
Florida Keys, FL
Western...
Level Contributor
3,800 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How much time to you guys spend in your rooms while in Keys?

We never spend much time in our room really has little to do with Key West?

PJ

Mentioned in this post
Key West
Key West
Florida Keys, FL
Ponte Vedra Beach...
Level Contributor
109 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How much time to you guys spend in your rooms while in Keys?

sleep ,take showers...oh brush your teeth..thats about all the time u will in ur room

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
16,176 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How much time to you guys spend in your rooms while in Keys?

I rarely turn on the television while on vacation, no matter where I am. I do admit to being addicted to my laptop and having wifi. For me, it's no different than sitting down with the morning paper. The on line version is now my paper.

Much the better if the wifi is throughout which ever B&B I'm staying at, so I can sit by the pool and do my reading.

That said, I spend very little time either by the pool or on the beach, I'd rather be wandering, taking in the sights and sounds of where ever I happen to be.

Berwick, Maine
Level Contributor
1,432 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How much time to you guys spend in your rooms while in Keys?

I think it depends on where you want to stay and for how long. I'm down here right now for a month and don't feel the need to be on the go the whole time. I spend an amount of time on the deck reading and there are some nights I like to spend in the condo watching a show not out hitting it every night. Key West like any other place is all about what YOU want in it. If you don't enjoy a place.....go elsewhere, I'm sure there's a place somewhere that will suit you.

Buster

Mentioned in this post
Key West
Key West
Florida Keys, FL
Knoxville
Level Contributor
3,501 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How much time to you guys spend in your rooms while in Keys?

Well said, Buster. I'm always amazed when people try to tell others what they should or should not do with their vacation. A vacation is whatever makes YOU happy and recharges your battery for everyday life. I like being TOTALLY lazy for at least one day of every vacation. On the other days, we do a little exploring, but not anything too strenuous . . . It's my time to really take a break from the stresses of work and life & RELAX.:)

Deception Island
Level Contributor
1,547 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: How much time to you guys spend in your rooms while in Keys?

People want different things out of their vacation or visit. Do what YOU want and stop worrying about what others do or want and your own life will be better for it.

Boston...
Level Contributor
982 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How much time to you guys spend in your rooms while in Keys?

What a strange rant...

conn
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How much time to you guys spend in your rooms while in Keys?

How about honeymooners!!