We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fantasy Fest 2014

Kings Mills, Ohio
Level Contributor
539 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Fantasy Fest 2014

FF 2013 is over. On to next year. What do you think of the new theme?

"Animéted Dreams & Adventures"

Pretty vague isn't it? It could mean anything. Committee dropped the ball on this one.

Peterborough, Canada
Level Contributor
66 posts
1 review
Save Reply
31. Re: Fantasy Fest 2014

Yeah

Would have to agree, not sure if we will venture over to Dante's either, we are staying at the Chelsea House, friends have said that it is similar to New Orleans .. But a little wilder... Just looking forward to having a great time

Kings Mills, Ohio
Level Contributor
539 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Fantasy Fest 2014

We stayed down the street from there at the Silver Palms. It's a little farther away than some of the other places, but still within walking distance. We walked in costume every night with no problems. Another good party is on Tuesday at Cowboy Bill's. The theme is Cowboys and Indians. It's a big place with an open area and a mechanical bull. One year we were Plaid Indians. Tuesday is also plain night at Captain Tony's. (See what I mean about combing themes).

Edited: 10:24 pm, March 02, 2014
New York City, New...
1 post
Save Reply
33. Re: Fantasy Fest 2014

The wife and I go down every year for the last I don’t know how many years and here is my take.

It’s get crazier every night until the end.

I don’t stay past Friday any longer because it seems that once Friday comes the whole town fills up with a much younger and much more disrespectful crowd.

Don’t worry so much about the parties because the party is really in the street, dress for what every party is going on that night and you will feel right at home.

The days seem like you are in a different place, there is some much to do on the island and it really is very relaxing, so make some plans to have a daytime adventure, there are endless things to do. I like kayaking with my wife, it seems to be a very Bonding experience for us both and we really look forward to it.

Try to hit the restaurants you really want to try during the day, they are way less crowded.

If you have reservations about “showing yourself” wear a mask, because you will end up on someone’s camera and a good chance on the internet.

Don’t be so self-conscious…. I cannot stress this enough! I was amazed at how many beautiful woman of all ages are there and let me tell you…they are not models, all shapes and sizes.

You are not parking a car anywhere. I rent a scooter the whole time I’m there.

The place is just beautiful. So be prepared to have your soul stolen and be counting the seconds until you can get back again……

Lancaster...
1 post
Save Reply
34. Re: Fantasy Fest 2014

agree. we are leaving to go home on Saturday also. The parade seems to draw to many people from out of town. Way to crowded and everyone who is in the parade you see throughout the week anyway. We will miss staying until Monday though. We use Sunday as a day of rest and relaxation by the pool or beach. Im totally in the dark with this years theme. Sounds like everyone else is too. Doesn't matter. We will do our own thing, Didn't do last years theme. Don't like looking like everyone else. Saw enough of batmen and superwomen. Lets hope we have great weather like last year!!!

Kings Mills, Ohio
Level Contributor
539 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Fantasy Fest 2014

Yes, as I said earlier, we leave Saturday but will be able to enjoy some of the day. Our flight out was scheduled to depart at 4:45, now we don't fly out until 7:15. OK by us. Enjoy the day, but don't fight the parade crowd.

Palm Harbor, Florida
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
36. Re: Fantasy Fest 2014

Can someone please tell me the dates for 2014?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
410 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Fantasy Fest 2014

October 17-26

The parade is Sat, Oct 25, and everything basically backs up from that. The "hot days" will be Thursday the 22nd - Sat. The weekend before (Oct 17-19) is technically the Goombay Festival, although there are some early parties starting that weekend as well. Things calm down Monday - Wed, although there are parties every night. The days NOT TO MISS are Friday (the Masquerade March) and Saturday (the main parade).

As the dates get closer, you'll see the up-to-date party roster (the most complete list) at Fantasyfestparties.com, and the "official" site is fantasyfest.com. If you go to the party list, even though currently it only shows 2013 data, the day-to-day listing will be 90% accurate for 2014 (only the dates will be wrong.)

Kings Mills, Ohio
Level Contributor
539 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: Fantasy Fest 2014

Donna, if you're wanting to go this year, book your room now!! Many places are already full. Earlier in the week (1st Saturday thru Wednesday) the room rates aren't too high. But they go up on Thursday until Sunday. If money is not an issue then just get a place as close to lower Duval (which is actually the North end) as possible. You'll want to be some place that's walkable to the festivities. The 1st Saturday, Sunday and Monday won't be very crowded, but there are plenty of people there in costume ready to party. Tuesday and Wednesday gets more crowded with more people dressed up; fun nights. Thursday gets real crowded. Participants start to get a little younger. Friday ,during the day, is lots of fun. You can get body painted and walk around Duval in broad daylight. As John in Seattle said, the Masquerade March is a good time. Friday night is really, really crowded. Then Saturday during and after the Parade it is TOO CROWDED! Many 18 to 25 year olds. Some people don't mind, and some even enjoy the parade. Personally, we found it quite boring. But we're not involved with any of the floats or anything. If we were, I'm sure we would enjoy it much more.

7 posts
Save Reply
39. Re: Fantasy Fest 2014

The krazy krewe has a float with captain tonys.... Last year we threw close to 80,000 beads.... Price is usually about 100 bucks or so and includes after party.... Posting our site never gets me anywhere so just look us up in the usual places..... We are the group responsible for allot of the themes, like plaid, or TU TU Tuesday.... Etc.... See ya in Oct !!!!

Belmar, New Jersey
1 post
Save Reply
40. Re: Fantasy Fest 2014

I just booked a vacation with my boyfriend for Monday the 20th and leave Thursday. While we are not lame people by any means (we will be drunk at the bars til close each night), I'm just wondering if during those dates there is any part of Duval that ISN'T going to have half naked girls for my bf to drool over? Haha. Does this fantasy fest take over the entire town, day and night? Or is it still a family friendly town during the day?

Get answers to your questions about Key West