We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We are here

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tennessee
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Topic
We are here

It's hot, there is lots of cold drinks to be found. And it's fabulous!!!!

Hershey...
Level Contributor
223 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: We are here

Kelly, you got me curious about mojitos so I did a search and this place kept coming up tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g34345-d5529… We did not go when we were there in May so I personally cannot say.

We had some at Willie T's and they were good. They were liquid (not really frozen) and had a variety. I just posted a pic of the big sign listing in our profile. Might take a few days to get approved.

~Bob~

Sumter, South...
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: We are here

Thank you Bob! Maybe they are not frozen? I have never heard of them either. Hubby had one over in Qatar and loved it! So that is one of his goals when we are in Key West, find a mojito that is just as good or better. :-)

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
7,164 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: We are here

My sources tell me the White Tarpon now knows how to make frozen mojitos. I saw a picture of one last week and it looked yummy! Tell them you want Nancy's Mojito. I hope to have one myself next week. :)

Hershey...
Level Contributor
223 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: We are here

Kelly, sure thing! Yeah, I thought they were more like margaritas and frozen/slushy, but perhaps not. I have seen them both ways and equally tasty.

If you would happen to be driving in and need a place for lunch, my wife had a good one at the Island Grill tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g34346-d63… You can see it with the fresh mint behind her fish taco there in the first pic :-)

~Bob~

League City, Texas
Level Contributor
166 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: We are here

The only place I've had an actual frozen (like a frozen margarita) was at The Rum Shack on Galveston Island. It came straight out of a frozen concoction machine and was pretty tasty. Not very strong, but still good.

My mission this trip will be to find the best Pina Colada..... anyone????

Hershey...
Level Contributor
223 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: We are here

Amcain, I do apologize for apparently hijacking your thread. Got so caught up in thinking about happy hour LOL Please forgive us

~Bob~

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
2,113 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: We are here

I've had some pretty great Piña Coladas at Hogfish Bar and Grill on Stock Island, but if you can't get out there, try the Hogs Breath Saloon. They are surprisingly awesome.

I have a friend who swears by the ones at the Conch Republic and, seriously, anything made by Janine at the Pier House Beach Bar will be fantastic.

In the Country, NY
Destination Expert
for Surf City
Level Contributor
3,406 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: We are here

I hear the White Tarpon has a new frozen Mojitos drink!

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
33,760 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: We are here

Not frozen but Zach makes a good, non-sweet mojito. He's "on" most nights at the Tiki bar at the Ocean Key.

Pjk

Tennessee
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Reply
20. Re: We are here

Haha! No worries....I finally had a chance to check back in to the thread. :) Wishing I was still there...went by way to fast! Ready to start planning the next one.