We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cab Rides

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
112 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Cab Rides

Hello all,

Just trying to get an idea as to costs for cab rides?

The main 2 rides I am question is from the airport to old town

and the how much would a cab to stock Island would be (more Specifically Hog Fish)?

Thanks

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
112 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Cab Rides

Thanks for the bus info, that may be a good way to keep costs down and get out there

probably end up cabing one way and bus the other

In the Country, NY
Destination Expert
for Surf City
Level Contributor
3,546 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Cab Rides

Hogfish is nice, but in my opinion it's just not worth the trip without reasonable transportation. There are so many good places to eat in Key West, to add another $40 cab ride out to Stock Island. Especially since you've been there already. I'd save it for another visit when you have transportation. Scooters and bikes are doable, but as mentioned above, can be dangerous (construction on N. Roosevelt) biking can make it a long day.

A few of the restaurants have changed their menus down at the waterfront (Turtle Kraals, Halfshell) maybe give them a try.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
36,166 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Cab Rides

From watching their Facebook page Turtle Kraals seems to have gone upscale. Some of the dishes they've shown seem very nice. I'm there at least once or twice next trip.

Pjk

Western...
Level Contributor
3,800 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Cab Rides

The wife and I are avid cyclists so the bike ride to stock island is no big deal, it's beautiful ride. But if we had to pay for a taxi or whatever I would agree with djad Hog Fish is not worth the trouble.

PJ

Rockaway Beach, NY
Level Contributor
359 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Cab Rides

My friends and I rent bikes every year and do a ride to Hog Fish. It's not bad at all. Unless its very windy. Did it into a 35 mile an hour headwind once. Usually have the wind at your back on the way home so easy ride. It's quite a nice ride along the water if you go up South Roosevelt.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
112 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Cab Rides

Thanks for all the advice, was planning on renting bike's for a couple days of our trip this time anyway so maybe we will bike it..

as a side note, do the buses have bike racks or are you allowed to bring a bike on the bus?

Thanks

In the Country, NY
Destination Expert
for Surf City
Level Contributor
3,546 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Cab Rides

Yes, the busses do have bike racks!

Be sure to try to do a trip report!

18. Re: Cab Rides

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, May 15, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Key West