We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunset Cruise

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Clio, Michigan
Level Contributor
184 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Sunset Cruise

My husband and I plan on doing a sunset cruise 1st week in June for our 1st visit to Key West. I have heard of two sunset cruises - which one is the best? There is Fury's and Danger Charters. What makes one better than the other?

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,180 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunset Cruise

If I know which ones you are talking about, it's apples and oranges. Fury's Commotion on the Ocean has live music and a lot of people and is like a sunset party on a big catamaran. Danger's Wind & Wine is more quiet with what might be many fewer people and is like a wine tasting (and snacks) with a sunset on a small salboat. Doing both would not be repetitious.

Pjk

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
2,174 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunset Cruise

Commotion on the ocean runs about $50 per adult and Danger Charters is around $75. If you like a more intimate setting, go with Charter. Personally, I love the Commotion on the Ocean with the live band. Courtesy of Pjk, you can see what you're in store for here furycat.com/key-west/sunset-sailing-music.htm

hoz
Canton, Ohio
Level Contributor
84 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunset Cruise

Don't forget about the Schooner Jolly II Rover. $45 - bring your own food & drink.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
172 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunset Cruise

We did a New Years Eve sail with Danger "Wind & Wine"....it was GREAT!!!!!!! Have fun on your trip!

Beaver Falls, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunset Cruise

Just did Danger full day and sunset, we had a wonderful time on both!

Moline, Illinois
Level Contributor
360 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunset Cruise

I second Schooner Jolly II Rover. It's small and a real sailboat and you can even take a turn steering if you want. I also liked being able to bring our own food and drinks. The crew was great.

Caro, Michigan
Level Contributor
15 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunset Cruise

We just booked Commotion on the ocean

Webster, New York
Level Contributor
209 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunset Cruise

We did the Commotion on the Ocean last week. It was a blast. The best sunset we have ever seen in Key West.

Greenwood, Indiana
Level Contributor
61 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sunset Cruise

We are going back for our third year straight and wouldn't dream of not going on the commotion on the ocean

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,180 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sunset Cruise

It's worth repeating that Fury has a free on your birthday deal which includes the Commotion.

Pjk