We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crepes Banana Cafe vs. La Creperie

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NYC
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Crepes Banana Cafe vs. La Creperie

I know it is a matter of taste but what do people think about crapes at Banana Cafe vs. la Creperie? Should Blue Heaven be in the mix?

Also, why so few recommendations for Key Lime-N-More with everyone recommending Kermit's?

Thanks.

Knoxville, TN
Level Contributor
338 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Crepes Banana Cafe vs. La Creperie

Niether. Croissants de France is best breakfast in Key West. I enjoy grabbing a pan au chocolat and a cafe con lech while sitting on their balcony watching Key West as it wakes up from a night of hard drinking.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
33,962 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Crepes Banana Cafe vs. La Creperie

For me the crepes at the banana Cafe are more like a fill meal, even for breakfast. The crepes, and I like the egg and swiss cheese ones, at La Creperie are lighter and I will usually get one of these in the morning when I'm going an afternoon snorkel trip.

And here, speaking of "le" vs. "la" from Americans in Paris from 1830 - 1840 but could be written about peope today.

"Facing necessity, they began to learn a few words - that left was gauche; right, droit; that a waiter was a garcon; a baker, boulanger; and that some words like facade and rat, were the same in both languages. Even the more hesitant were surprised to find themselves sayiing bonjour, tres bien, and merci quite naturally, even venturing a whole sentence - "Excusez moi, je ne comprends pas."

To find that every noun had a gender - that a hand was feminine, while a foot was masculine - and that one was expected to know which was which, seemed to some of the newcomers too much to cope with, and often illogical or even unfair. Whay were all four seasons - hiver, printemps, ete, and automne - masculine, for instance. Could not spring perhaps be feminine. And how a word looked on a printed page or menu and how it was pronounced could be worlds apart."

Pjk

Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Crepes Banana Cafe vs. La Creperie

The couple who owned Key Lime N More now own The Key Lime Pie Factory in the same location. They expanded and the Key Lime Pie factory is on one side and The Coconut Factory is on the other side. You can watch the Key Lime Pie being made and the Key Lime Pie and also the Coconut Cream Pie are delish!! Kermit's has been around a long time, and his Key Lime pie is wonderful. There is also a Key Lime Pie Company. Try them all and see which one you like better!!

Western...
Level Contributor
3,800 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Crepes Banana Cafe vs. La Creperie

We like the La Creperie for crapes but Banana Cafe is great. I would try all the places in your post.

PJ

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
2,123 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Crepes Banana Cafe vs. La Creperie

There's a new contender for crepe supremacy now too, Le Petit Paris, a wonderful cafe featuring organic ingredients in a beautiful setting:

http://www.lepetitpariskeywest.com/

Lockport, IL
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Crepes Banana Cafe vs. La Creperie

We prefer the crepes at Banana Cafe. I like the red velvet crepe from Le Creperie, but I like that as afternoon dessert with coffee. Yum!

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
7,201 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Crepes Banana Cafe vs. La Creperie

Red velvet crepes? I'm putting La Creperie on my list for July! I'll be watching the carbs during our visits later this month and in May, but plan to go wild in July. lol

We have not eaten and La Creperie but will fix that this summer. We really like the crepes at Banana Cafe and will no doubt eat there again with the kids in July. Our youngest son likes Banana Cafe better than Blue Heaven (our oldest son's favorite for breakfast).

Lockport, IL
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Crepes Banana Cafe vs. La Creperie

Oh yes, and the red velvet crepes come with ice cream. I'll meet ya there in July!

North Metro ATL, GA
Level Contributor
795 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Crepes Banana Cafe vs. La Creperie

We love both places - it would be like asking whether you prefer SWB or the Green Parrot.

Vist each, and on third day, maybe Le Petis Paris..... or Harpoon Harry's.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
285 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Crepes Banana Cafe vs. La Creperie

Banana Cafe, La Creperie, and Croissants de France were all amazing, but I have to say La Creperie was my favorite (although I might be biased...they were such a relief after the rude reception we received at Blue Heaven.)