We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Key West in July...

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Flanders, NJ
Level Contributor
247 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Key West in July...

So I normally head to Key West in November for the boat races, this year that wasn't working out. Only time I can get there would be July. Now I know it is hot and humid, but hey it is still Key West so it has to be good. right? Someone tell me it is not to miserable in July!!!!!

Key West
Level Contributor
1,650 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Key West in July...

It's my favorite time of the year!

Flanders, NJ
Level Contributor
247 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Key West in July...

Thanks Capt. !

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
33,773 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Key West in July...

I'll be there..

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g34345-i53-k589623…

Pjk

Lockport, IL
Level Contributor
1,124 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Key West in July...

We've been to Key West once in July and we're going again this year. That trip still remains one of our favorites. I love KW in the summer! Sure it's humid, but I'm sure it's not any less humid in NJ. I know up here last July we had a record number of 100 degree days! It doesn't get that hot in Key West, that's fore sure!

Deception Island
Level Contributor
1,442 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Key West in July...

Expect 89 degrees and humid everyday with scattered very brief showers. That said it's still a great time, the heat is easier to take when you are on vacation! Great time to get in a pool or out on the water. The town is not packed but not empty either and the hotel rates are cheaper. Have fun!

Key Largo Florida
Level Contributor
382 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Key West in July...

Best thing about Summertime in the Keys is when the sun goes down, it doesnt get cold.

Franktown, Colorado
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Key West in July...

Love going to KW in July! You'll have a great time!

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
2,250 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Key West in July...

Most of my trips to KW have been in July and I love it! Not as many people for one thing...and I love the heat and humidity.

Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Key West in July...

July is a wonderful time to come to Key West. I love that the water is so warm, OK, I'm a wus when it comes to cold water temps. Also, it's less windy, so the water is calmer. It's the perfect time to take the boat over to Fort Jefferson. The evenings are warm for your outdoor dining. Walk on the shady side of the street, sip cool beverages, and find AC in the afternoon. You'll have a grand time!!

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
33,773 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Key West in July...

Hemingway Days, 2013, 7/16 - 7/21, his birthday.

http://www.fla-keys.com/hemingwaymedia/

Pjk